Monday, November 17, 2008

I love my Chad!


Michelle did this blog entry with Justin. I thought it was a cute one so I decided to do it. But I am going to do a progressive posting of it. I am going to answer one question about Chad and I a day. And that way I can get really detailed and sappy without being to long. I love him so much that I could possibly go on for a long time!
Question #1: How did you meet?

Chad and I met in California. I will always love the fact that we met and fell in love there. The scent of Orange blossoms and the cool smell of the ocean always brings me back to the time when we found each other. At the time that I met Chad, I was totally done with dating. I had a bad experience with a guy just before that. I was in the Westlake ward, but a lot of my friends were in the T.O ward (Thousand Oaks for all my non-Callie readers). I had been going to the Westlake ward one week and then the T.O ward the next, switching back and forth. But after the bad thing with the crazy guy, I wanted to get away for a while, so I started going to the T.O ward every week except the week that I taught in Relief Society. Chad went to the T.O ward. We also went to the Moorpark institute together, but we never ran into each other!!
Well just one week after I started going to the other ward, I was at institute trying desperately to convince my friend to dye my hair. I was over being a red head and wanted to try my hand at being a brunette. She didn't want to do it because she thought my red hair was to pretty. She turned to this really hot looking young guy and said "Chad don't you think Melissa's hair is way to pretty to dye it?" And that was it, so thank you Jules for helping us notice each other. We talked then, but nothing really happened. I thought he was pre-mission, he looks so young. I walked away thinking "He is way cute, too bad he is too young for me." He wouldn't tell me his age, which only added to my thinking that he was too young! Little did I know, he was actually 6 years older then me!
We flirted after that for a couple of weeks. And then his friend asked me on a date, and we doubled with Chad and an other girl. We went to Chad's house and did some swing dancing. Chad and I kept ending up sitting by each other or standing soo close, closer then the normal personal space would allow! Poor Dave!! (But he is married now to a sweet girl and they have a couple of kids so don't feel too bad for him). But we really didn't know how the other felt. We were in the whole kindergarten-flirty-I-like-him-does-he-like-me stage.





The clincher was when the T.O ward went to the Dogger game together. Chad and I rode down together along with his sister Kari, and my friends Greg and Jaela. We took a walk around the stadium and talked from the second inning all the way to the sixth!! I couldn't stop smiling!! It was at the Dodger game that Chad told me he thought I was Beautiful! And the way he said it was so cute. He was stumbling over his words and nervous. It was so sweet and genuine. I had had my fill of players, so it was so refreshing. And that was it. From that day on, we spent all our free time together. We were (and still are) inseparable.


Chad and his friend from the T.O ward, Ben.



My friend Jaela, Me with my super red haid that Jules wouldn't dye (again thank you so so much Jules!) Chad, and my good friend Greg. Jae, Greg and I are still friends. They are some of the best friends I have ever had in my whole life!


Me and Jae (again my super red hair!) The Dodger shirt I am wearing is actually the shirt I bought the night Chad told me he thought I was beautiful. I still have it. On of these days I want to get it framed. I am sentimental that way.





The whole reason I was even living in California was because I was a nanny for a family in Malibu. This is me with Haylee and R.J. I am lucky that I still get to see them. I was there for almost two years! They taught me how to be a good mom. I love these kids so much. And I love there parents too. They are my family out in California.


So that is how we meet. Tune in tommarow to see who asked who on a date first and what we did.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I love it; this is such a cute idea!

Rachael said...

That's cute... you guys are a way cute couple.

Michelle said...

What a cute post! That's such a good idea to do a question a day. I'm looking forward to the rest of the questions! I love all the pictures! Chad does look really young and your red hair is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your red hair it's way pretty:)