Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First comes love..

Question #2. Who asked who on a date first and where did you go?


(This is a picture of Chad at a sleep clinic with all the little electrodes hooked up to him. We were goofing off taking a bunch of pictures. It just makes me laugh.)
After the double-swing-dancing-date, where we were with other people, but eying each other, Chad went to Catalina with his family and I went to St.George with my family. Before he went, I wanted to make sure he knew that I kind of liked him and I wanted him to be thinking of me. But I wanted to make it all cool and breezy. You know like it is no big deal really. So the next day at work, I called my friend Greg for advice. I was all like "So if you liked a girl, not that Chad likes me, but lets pretend that he does. Would you like it if a girl called you on the phone the next day? Or is that to soon? Should I play hard to get and all mysterious?" Greg told me he would love it if a girl he liked called him the next day, and boys don't really like girls that are playing hard to get. So I practiced what I was going to say to Chad on Greg. We did role playing. Greg did a nice Chad, he could win an oscar with his preformance. So then I got up the courage and called Chad. He wasn't home, but I left a message. Believe it or not, we still have that message. Chad recorded it and saved it. I just told him to have fun in Catalilna and maybe when he comes home we could hang out-or not. I mean we don't have to, if he didn't want to, but I thought it would be fun.
This picture is kind of dark, but this is Chad with his family in Catalina. He also went with his sister Kari, who just came home from her mission in Missouri and his other sister Traci. When they came back from Catalina, Chad called me to ask if I was going to the Dodger game and if he could ride down with me. I said of course I was and I would love to drive with him. Then I hung up the phone and furiously tried to call everyone I knew to see if it was to late to get tickets. I wasn't going to go untill Chad mentioned it. It turned out that there were tickets left and some guy was going to bring me some before we left the church parking lot that night. So as Chad and I sat in the parking lot waiting for my tickets to arrive, we brought up maybe doing something together. It was all casual. No one said, hey you wanna go on a date with me? It was like, we could hang out if you want. It was while we were waiting for the tickets that Chad told me that he didn't want to be my friend. He didn't want to get stuck in the "friend zone". He said, "so if we hang out, I want you to know that it is not as friends, because I like you". Hello butterflies!! I smiled so big. I don't think I said anything back. I just blushed, smiled and looked down at my feet. And then you know what happened at the Dodger game. (see previous post)

For our first date, the next day, we went to see a movie. And because his sister Kari was there to visit Chad, she came along. I didn't mind. It actually made me like him more because he didn't want her to be left alone. It was sweet. I couldn't tell you to this day what Master of Disguise is about. I was totally preoccupied with what to do with my hands. I want to make them very avalible for Chad to grab just in case he felt like holding my hand. On top of that I was hyper- aware of Chad sitting right beside me. Everytime he scratched his head or shifted in his seat or laughed, I was completly aware of that wondering if he was just as aware as me. Half way through the movie, I went to the restroom. When I came back, I placed my hand right on the hand rest inbetween the two of us. And yes, he grabed it then and held my hand the rest of the movie!! Ahhhh!! So, of course, after that all I could think of was "oh my gosh, he is holding my hand!!" After the date I asked him when I could see him again (see I really didn't play hard to get at all). He said "Normally I would call you in a couple of days and ask you on an other date, but I want to see you again soon." So I said "How 'bout tomarow?" Totally not at all hard to get. But he liked it.
This is his sister Kari. She played an important role in the begining of our relationship. I told her at church that I liked Chad. See I knew she would end up telling him, and if he didn't like me back then he would avoid me like the plage. But if he liked me too, then it would take all the pressure off because he already knew that I liked him. Thanks Kari. I was to much of a chicken to tell him myself. That was our first real date. Full of butterflies and uncertinty. Lots of smiles and blushes. It was a good day. One for the books!
Me and Chad at my sister's wedding. (I was a bridesmade. I wouldn't normally wear my hair like that and a dress like that just for the fun of it).

This is us goofing off on a plane on the way to a convention. I have more fun with him then anyone!! Tune in tommrow to learn all about our first kiss.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute! I remember feeling the same way about the holding hands thing in a movie! I love how you describe everything. You'll have to show your kids this when they get older.

Rachael said...

You talking about dating way back when brings up so many memories of my own. I thought I was the only one that felt that way when it came to guys.

Keri said...

I love that you are taking time to put it all down, good stories!

Dennis and Calena said...

In response to your question about my post...I just called the Fire Station secretary and told her why I wanted to come do the tour and all and she handles it from there. The one by my house though, they are super nice and found out it was his birthday so they did some extra special stuff! It's fun to think of different ideas instead of just cake and ice cream.