Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Love the Beach!!

After driving for 11 hours in a car with two little ones, we finally made it to California. I love rolling down my window around Pasadena area. That is when I can smell the air. Califonia (the real California, not Barstow) has a smell that I love. It is the smell of Orange blossoms and the ocean. I don't ever fill like we are in California untill I smell that smell. Understandably, we went straight to bed that first night. In the morning a little sweet princess climbed into our bed. What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning After we woke up and went to breakfast with Mimi and Pop Pop, we drove to Pointe Dume. I love that beach. It is my favorite. Evan didn't want to sit down. He didn't really like the sand.


Once he finally did sit down, he tryed not to let the sand touch his feet. Funny boy. So cute. Chad decided to bury Lauren and Evan in the sand. They liked it. They thought that it was fun.




The kids loved the water. We played there longer then we realized. The sun, sand and sea! Is there a better way to spend the afternoon together?



It's funny, the beach is at the end of the world. There is no where ealse to go. You are traped on the sand. So then why do I feel so free when I look out on the ocean.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me miss my home town, I grow up in Orange county about 10-15 away from Huntington beach. I know what you mean about the orange blossom and ocean breze... I miss the California scent. It look like you guys had fun at the beach, that's awesome.

Rachael said...

I love the pictures of you and your kids on the beach they're beautiful.

The Benoits said...

Oh I am so jealous...sitting here in the cold while your on the beach with the greatest people in the world...your family. Have fun while your there, it will be over too soon and then you get to come home to the cold. I finally started a blog of my own! yea!!
benoitbs.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

I'm jealous! Looks like you're having fun! I love the picture of all of your feet, so cute!

Dennis and Calena said...

How fun! I so miss not having a beach around too! I loved the pictures, the kids are so cute.

Keri said...

Such fun pictures! Lauren looks like she is in heaven! I'm jealous? Do you think you'll ever move there?

Collings Family said...

Sooo jealous as I sit wrapped up in blankets...can we trade? Glad you are having fun!