Friday, April 3, 2009

Lauren being funny...and babies sleeping.


BACKSTORY:Lauren woke up in the morning telling me just how hungrey she was.

ME:Well what do you want for breakfast? Pancacks, Eggs on toast?
LAUREN: Ice Cream!
ME: No, you can't have Ice Cream for Breakfast. You have to have real food.
LAUREN: Why not, thats what daddy makes me for breakfast.

Thanks Chad :)


BACKSTORY: Lauren and I reading books on the couch while Vin is taking a nap.

ME: How lucky am I that I got the best little girl in the whole entire world to be my little princess (something I say to her almost everyday).
LAUREN: What about Eben? (she is always making sure that Evan is never left out).
ME: Well, he is the best little boy in the whole world.
LAUREN: What about daddy?
ME: Daddy is the best husband in the whole world.
LAUREN: No mommy. Daddy is your kid. (she said this totally serious. It was so funny).

I love to take pictures of Lauren and Evan while they sleep. They look so innocent and sweet. Untainted by the world, totally at peace. I will just stare for like 10 minutes, wondering what dreams fill their head. And hoping that they those dreams will keep. At those times, while I watch my babies sleep, I always think of things I could have done differently that day. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on Lauren, or I promise myself to spend more time playing and less time cleaning. I wonder at what point did I lose the pure joy of living and the complete satisfaction of simply watching the clouds morph from one shape to the next. But always, always, I think of what an honor it is to be their mom. I have such speacial little ones. They are full of love and forgivness. Charity comes naturally to them. When I watch them sleep, I completely understand why we need to become like little children.

LAUREN:




EVAN:



Having said all that, here are three things that I am grateful for today.
1-finger prints on the mirrors and all my windows
2-the mountian of laundry that is never ending
3-and the soft sounds of deep bellyed laghter that skips off the walls in my house. The kind of sound that only a child can make.


If you are frustrated because you just step on a toy for the third time this day, remember a child put it there. If you are to busy when a little voiced askes you to read them a story, remember one day, that little voice will become louder telling you to get out of their room. If you feel like there is not enough hours in the day, slow down time by cuddling with your baby, because one day they won't fit on your lap anymore. You get to be a mom. How awesome is that! There is no job harder in this world, but when a little child wraps their skinny arms around your neck and you can feel their breath on your cheek, is there no greater paycheck then that?

5 comments:

Dennis and Calena said...

I love the sleeping pictures, it makes me want a nap! I think I better go take one now before Tavin wakes up...
Cute stories Melissa!

Deanne W said...

I'm always taking pics of my kids asleep too. I love it. Lauren is so funny, I love her stories.

The Parks' said...

What adorable conversations with Lauren and thanks for the reminder of how blessed we are to be mothers!! The fingerprints, laundry and other messes are so worth it!!!

Kalynne said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved your last paragraph....soooo true!

Michelle said...

Sooo cute! First of all, Lauren cracks me up. I love your little conversations with her that you put on here. Keep em coming :). I LOVE watching Colby sleeping. Babies sleep are just so cute and innocent. I love your thoughts at the end. I totally agree. It's so sad that they grow up so fast, we need to cherish every moment we have!