Monday, April 27, 2009

Why I love Chad

The last thing on Chad's to do list on Saturday was go to a book store and then go to IKEA all day long. But when I looked longingly into his eyes and did my little begging sigh, he had no choice then to agree. I had gotten a gift card to Borders Books for Christmas from Debbie, and since the closest Borders is in Salt Lake, it took untill now for me to use it. We drove all the way to Borders, and if I was being honest I would say that Chad was a little teny tiny bit cranky. But he went anyway. Once he got a little caffine flowing throuh his blood, he was a little bit cheerier. I got Lauren the new Fancy Nancy book (which she has been carring around with her since we bought it). And I got a book called "Two Rivers". I love new books. I love old books. I just love all books. I love the smell of them, and the feel of them in my hands as I devore a new story. It bugs me on that Clean Sweep show how they make them get rid of all there books if they haven't read them in 6 months. I would never give up my books. Each time I open one, it is like revisiting an old friend. So thank you Chad for taking me all the way to Salt Lake with two fussy kids, just so I can get one new book. After I got a new book, we drove to IKEA. I love IKEA. Once we get where we want to be finaclly, I am going to turn my whole house into an IKEA show room. It is almost overwhelming for me to go there. Everything there is exactly my taste. You can keep your R.C Willeys and your Tie Pan Trading, I will take IKEA! We had been going going going all day long. By the time we left the Mecca of home decor, we were starving. Chad drove back to Ogden and was on his way to Del Taco when I told him just how much I love Cafe Rio (hint hint). He asked if I wanted a burrito there and of course I said Heck yes! So he waited in the car for a half an hour while I waited in line at Cafe Rio. What a guy. Then when we got done at Cafe Rio, we drove to Del Taco to get Chad his burger and frys. But guess who ate all the frys on the way home? I was hungery, and there they were. What's a hungry girl to do? Anyway, Chad just laughed at me. And he is right. He hasn't been able to have frys in 6 years because of yours truely. I won't order frys myself, but if they are there-hot and waiting in a bag that sits on my lap-I just can't help myself. All day long, Chad catered to what I wanted. To me, that is true romance. I bet if you asked him, he would have much rather stayed at home and blow up bad robot guys on his computer game thing. That game can keep his attention longer then I can, and he forgoed the oppertunity to play it all day, and instead let me do all that I wanted to. Flowers and chocolates mean nothing when compared to that. Oh and plus, he is such a good daddy. Lauren and Evan just love crawling all over him and playing with him. You never know when you get married if the man you choose to be with for all eternity will be a good dad or not. I got lucky. Thanks for the great day Chad, I love you with all my heart!

(these are pictures of Chad playing with the kids, and our furry baby Radley.)



3 comments:

Rachael said...

How nice of Chad, He's totally a keeper. I steal fries two. It doesn't matter if I just ate. If they are in front of me they are being eaten by me. I agree with you on IKEA. That place a awesome! I have never been to Tai pan, and only go to RC Willey if I feel in the mood to argue, and I have the money.

I wish you would have told me you were going to Ikea though. I have been needing to go and get one of those little pink net things for over Kimmys bed. Jesse has yet to let me go. He claims I can't get out of there without spending $100. I would have totally given you the cash to pay for it and a little to cover some of your gas.

Maybe one day my Hubby will give in to my feminine wiles and let me go or take me! Haaa.....

Michelle said...

What a sweet husband. Cute pictures :)!

The Benoits said...

Mmm...cafe rio. Anytime you get the craving just call. Thats my FAVORITE place. Brandon is so burned out of it because anytime we go out to eat that's where I always pick. And he usually doesn't tell me know, so cafe rio it ALWAYS is!!