Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My son, the dog (we are so proud of him)

The late great Winstion Churchill said "To everyone, there comes a special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a special thing unique to them, fitted to his talents; What a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would have been his finest hour." I am just hoping that what happened last night after dinner wasn't Evan's grand oppertunity. If it was, however, he lived up to his potential beautifully. You see, I make this delicious pasta that my kids love as well as the grown ups. When Lauren was a baby, she would lick the plate after she ate this super good pasta, and now she always asks for seconds. If you have ever seen Lauren eat (picture a small bird) then you would know how monumental that act alone is. Evan loves it too, and apperently, so does our dog. We let our dog lick the plates after we eat (saves me time when I do the dishes. The plates are already "rinsed off" so to speak). I have imagined my son on the other end of a football, or perhaps sitting behind the resolute desk in the Oval Office. My loafty dreams from him didn't include licking a plate off the floor like a dog, but apperently that is what makes him happy, so who am I to stop him? Instead I told Chad to come quick and check out Evan. Once Chad got a load of what Evan was up to, do you think he stopped him, since obviously Evan's mom isn't about to. Nope. Instead he grabed the camera to document our son's greatest acheivment in his short life for posterity.






When it looked as if all the sauce was licked up by either boy or beast, Evan just signed that he wanted more. Being the good mom that I am, I went ahead and put more sauce on the plate and laughed as Evan had at it again. (don't judge me).



When he was done, he just looked up and laughed with a look of deep satisfaction on his face that few would acheive. Our dog, being the thoughtful little girl that she is, cleaned off Evan's face for him.

All in all, it was more entertaining then Dancing with the Stars. My funny boy. There is never a dull moment when you share your house with children.

7 comments:

Dennis and Calena said...

That is flippen hilarious!!! And adorable! Now that is a picture to keep around for bribery later on in life when he's older! What a little stud!

Hilary said...

He he he!

Kalynne said...

I can't stop laughing!!! That is awesome! I am so proud of you for letting him explore the world in his own way and letting him be a dog for awhile. I just hope that doesn't stop him from eating with the rest of the family here on out... ;)

Rachael said...

Haahahaaaa.hahaha... That is priceless! Your going to have the greatest stories to tell his wife and kids when he's older.

Collings Family said...

SOOOO funny! Love those little jammies on him!

Our Story said...

lol lol lol lol that was so funny wow kids are an entertainment with in there own.

Michelle said...

Ha ha! How cute!! We were just talking tonight about how kids are such good entertainment!