Friday, April 24, 2009


I have written alot about Lauren this week. But you are going to have to hear about her just one more time. She just says the funniest things!! I have to write them down or ealse I will forget.

BACKSTORY: Lauren had picked some "sunflowers" (that is what she calls dandylions), and put them in a little cup with some water. The next morning she went to go check on her flowers, but they had died. She was sooo sad. This is the conversation that followed.

LAUREN: Mommy, come quick! I need your help!
ME(running to see, because by the sound of her voice, I am thinking she must be stuck somewhere or hurt): What is it?
LAUREN: My flowers died and I don't know what to do about it. I am so sad. Help them Mommy. Give them some water to make them all better.
ME: After you pick flowers, they start to die Lauren, there is nothing I can do. Let's go pick some more.
LAUREN: I don't want new ones. I want these to be resurected.

Ok, I just thought it was so funny that she said she wanted her flowers to be resurected. And I was impressed that she used the word right.


BACKSTORY: We were at the mall. Chad was getting his hair cut and we were just walking the mall waiting for him to get done. We just passed a shoe store.

LAUREN: I want some new church shoes mommy.
ME: Not today Lauren.
LAUREN: Please Mommy. I have been wanting them for so long a time.
ME: No Lauren, we are not buying anything today.
LAUREN: But I wanted them for years and years and years..
ME: Really? Years and Years huh? How many years exactly?
LAUREN: For like 5 years! (umm..really. She is four.)

BACKSTORY: My favorite thing to do with my kids is when Chad and I are just hanging out on our bed with Lauren and Evan. We were doing that one day when Lauren turned to Chad and I and said..

LAUREN: Mommy, you are my one true love. And Daddy, you are my prince.

So stinkin' sweet! I love my sweet tender loving funny smart dramatic little baby girl.

11 comments:

Dennis and Calena said...

How adorable! And that picture of her is beautiful!!!

John and Sherri said...

I love it! And so good to write those funny things down. She is an adorable girl!

Michelle said...

She says the cutest things!! What a cute picture too!

Rachael said...

What a cute darling little girl. I hope Kimmy turns out that sweet.

Unknown said...

Lauren is one of the cutest girls I've ever seen! I really hope that Lydia is that cute.

Hilary said...

Awww, what a sweetie!

Jill said...

She looks like a little child model in that picture! So adorable!

The Parks' said...

Cute posts Melissa! Lauren is a doll and you are such a good mom!!

The Prescott's said...

Ha ha! That is so cute! Your kids seem adorable.

Collings Family said...

I cannot believe how old she looks in that picture!

Melanie said...

That's so cute! I love the wit and imagination!