Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sissors and Ducks..


After 4 1/2 years, I thought that it was about time that Lauren got her hair cut. Don't get to excited, we only got it trimed. Everytime I would tell her that she was going to get her hair cut, she would cry. She is fine with it as long as I say "trimed" and not "cut". And that really is all we got. I love her hair. It is so pretty, I think. It is soft and shiny, the kind of hair that people spend thousands trying to acheive. I didn't want to just walk into Fantastic Sams or Great Clips. I couldn't trust my baby girl's hair to just anyone, so I asked my freind Michelle if she would do it for me. And I am glad that she did. It is hard for me to get my own hair cut, let alone Lauren's. And Lauren's hair hasn't been touched by sissors her whole life. For years, she wasn't allowed to play with sissors because I was so nervous that she would take them to her hair. Anyway, I think Michelle did a good job. And it really doesn't look that much different then what she had before, which is just the way I wanted it. Thanks Michelle!! You made something that I was a little nervous about, turn out to be no big deal. (So sorry I was late).



See, it is not much different. I should actually say that she had her first hair trim today, and not her first hair cut. She is so funny. She has this light about her. She makes everything better.




After her hair cut, we went over to the Layton Park to feed the ducks and play in the play ground. It was such a nice day, I just didn't like the thought of going home and waisting all of the sunshine. So we picked up a hot dog and some bread at Maverik (I know you have to be jelous of our hot dog lunch-yummy) and drove right over to the park.




My little boy is so tender hearted. He loves animals. Everytime he sees a person he doesn't know enter the room, he runs away from them (Lauren runs to them, I am sure-thinking that there is a new friend for her). But as far as animals go, Lauren and Vin are also opposite in there reactions. Lauren screams and runs in the other direction, while Evan runs right for the animal. He loves all kinds. It was hard for me at the duck pond because Evan kept wanting to follow the ducks right into the water.

See! Evan is trying to get to the ducks, while Lauren has his shirt and is trying to pull him away. She is trying to protect her little brother. Evan kept feeding the ducks right out of his hand. For such an interoverted little guys, it was fun to see how he had no fear with the ducks.




We only stayed for a couple of hours because we had to pick up Chad from work, but it was a lot of fun. And just like everyday where we decided to go and do something that is out of our routine, Lauren is all glossy eyed on the couch watching The Tale of Despereaux while Vin is passed out in his room. It was a great day. On the radio I heard Weazer, The Killers, The Shins, Greenday, All American Regects-all the good stuff. It was like they were using my playlist off of my IPOD!! The sun was shining bightly, but it still wasn't all to hot. My kids wern't fighting at all. And Lauren didn't whine, not once. It has been one of those days where I look at my life and think that things just couldn't get any better then they are now.


9 comments:

Rachael said...

Sounds like fun. I like Evan's shirt, it's way cute.

Unknown said...

I love days like that! Its days like that that make being a stay at home mom great! And it helps make up for all of the rough days.

John and Sherri said...

WOW what a great day.

Jill said...

How fun! I'm always looking for a place my kids can feed ducks, but there's not one close by my house that I know of. I can't believe how long Lauren's hair is! Wow, it's beautiful. Jayci had her first haircut before she was even one because she had such a bad mullet! It's just now starting to even out. Maybe someday she'll have long hair like that! What a fun day

Michelle said...

I can't get over how cute Lauren is. She says the cutest things and is just so sweet. It was so fun seeing you guys today. Next time I want to style Laurens hair cute, in curls or something. I so wish we had more time to visit and spend on Laurens hair. You'll have to come in again when she needs a trim and if you get brave we can change her hair up a bit. I love her long hair though and didn't want to do anything too dramatic for her first cut. She has tons of hair for her age. I just love it!

Amber said...

Lauren hair is so pretty. I know she will be very happy you kept it long for her as she gets older.

The Benoits said...

Cute hair, I'm glad you survived the first "hair cut" I love the Layton Park, it's been a while since I've been there...hmm maybe we should go!

Dennis and Calena said...

Sounds like a great day! And Lauren's hair really is beautiful!

The Dillinghams said...

What darling kids. It's so great to hear from you. I don't blog much, my kids made a blog for us. But maybe I will have to get on more and check out the blogging world. Keep in touch.