Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What a great day for a baby blessing

We really don't do the "Easter bunny" thing. I gave Lauren an easter basket full of candy and we got her a pretty dress. But we really don't tell her that the Easter Bunny left it. I don't know why. I guess the idea of a giant bunny is a little disturbing to me, plus I think it takes away from the real reason we celebrate Easter. After we did our little homemade Easter celebration, we all pack ourselves into the car and headed down to Salt Lake. Chad's little sister Traci was blessing her new little one Kaden "Kade" Kevin Nelson. Oh he is so cute! I love little babies. We then just went to Traci's house and hung out with family. It was alot of fun. We missed Shari's kids who are in California with Mimi and Pop Pop for Easter. I am sure that they had a blast though and didn't miss us much :)



Grandma Nancy playing with Lauren, Evan and Carter. My kids are so lucky to have their Grandma Nancy. They both just light up when they see her. And I am lucky to have her too. She is very good to me.


I thought this was really cute. Grandma Nancy gave Lauren and Evan some bubbles for easter. This is Evan with the bubble wand right up to his mouth, and he is blowing so hard and so loud. It was cute.

Doesn't my little boy look so cute. Just in the last week, everytime I look at him, I can see him looking older. He is looking more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby boy.



Lauren had a magnifying glass. She was looking for "flowers" with it (which were really dandylions).

And Lauren found one. Yeay!

I thought this was cute. This is Carter wearing Shari's shoes. I had to post it :)

I thought this was cute. Evan is not like Lauren. Lauren will crawl on anyones lap, talk to everyone, she makes friends where ever she goes. Evan is a little more interverted (kind of like his mommy). When ever we are around a group of people, Evan clings to either Chad or I. Well, yesterday while we were at the church for Kade's blessing, Evan crawled onto John's lap twice! It was amazing. Evan never does that. Then, later, when we were at Traci's, he did it again with John. Just crawled right on his lap. It was very cute to watch him come out of his shell like that. He really took a liking to his Uncle John.

Look at my poor little buddy's face. Nancy had some trail mix, and she gave Evan some rasins out of it. No big deal,except the raisins were mix in with peanuts, right. Well Evan is alergic to peanuts. His nose automaticly started to run and his eyes filled up with tears. His whole face turned red, poor little guys. We gave him some alergy medicine, and he was fine after that.



We had fun. It seem like such a perfect day to celebrate a new little baby. And I am looking forward to Kari's little guy being born. Then we can do it all over again.

Oh, one more thing. Traci gave us a bag of cloths that Carter had grown out of. I put Evan in a pair of Jammies from that bag. When Lauren saw him she said "Oh MY GOSH! He is Gooorgous!!" It was really cute. So thanks Traci for the cloths, apparently they make Evan Gorgous.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Lauren looks so cute. It must have taken you forever to brade her hair like that. Poor Evan, that has to be tough having allergies like that as a kid.

I'm looking forward to a little Tripplet # 3. I don't know when that will be, but hopefully you do. And hopefully it's sooner than later. ;)

Kelly said...

It looks like you had a great Easter. Lauren looks so cute in her dress and her hair looks adorable. I wish I could do things like that to Riley's hair!

Dennis and Calena said...

I didn't know that Evan was allergic to peanuts, that is so sad he had a allergic reaction. Looks like you guys had a fun Easter though!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a fun Easter :)! Evan is getting big and Lauren is cute, I like her gorgeous comment, ha ha!

John and Sherri said...

Fun Easter! Lauren is gorgeous! i think that everytime I see a picture of her, really. Evan is turning into a little boy- that happens too fast!