Monday, March 30, 2009

Out with the old...in with the new.

For Christmas, my dad and his sweet wife Rita bought me a new faucet for the kitchen. It is actually a very thoughtful gift. If anyone has been over to my house and tried to turn off the water in the kitchen, you will understand how this was such an amazing gift. It has taken Chad this long to get the gumption to try and tackle the job. And we thought that as long as we were going to go to all the trouble of putting in a new faucet (and by "we", I mean "Chad"), I might as well get a new sink as well. There was nothing wronge with my sink, it just isn't my style. It looks a little "country kitchen-ish" and I love mid-century modern. So I wanted a chrome sink. So here is what we started with: And what contrator works without a crew? This was real cute. Evan is such a mommy's boy, but for some reason, when Chad was under the sink, being all manly, Evan was right there the whole time. And, of course, Lauren was just being Lauren. She gives out hugs and kisses like they are going out of style. It was a long process. It took about three hours to just get the old sink out. But he did it. And while Chad worked worked worked in the kitchen, Lauren and Evan played. I love the age that Lauren and Evan are now. They are just now starting to play with each other and it is so cute!! I love seeing them together. They are so dang cute, if I do say so myself. Anytime we have ever done anything in our house, we always write our name and date somewhere. When we had to put up some sheetrock, Chad inclosed a picture of us inside the wall. An other time, I put a dried rose that Chad gave me inside an other part of the wall. It is just fun for us. The sink was no different. When Chad pulled out the sink, we put our names and date on the wood behind the sink. It was the first time that Lauren wrote her own name. It was kind of cool. We have done so many repairs to this house. You wouldn't think of it to look at it. We have so far to go, and yet we have done so much. Just one thing at a time. Then one of these days, we will have an amazing house. Check in again in 5 years and you will see. And that was the end of day one. Day two, Chad put in the new sink:
Evan was helping Chad with all the repairs. In the second video, Evan says "ta-da". I am so glad that I got that on camera because he says that all the time. It sounds so stinkin cute!


Finally, after about 10 hours of work on Chad's part, and a million pictures taken by me, we finally got a new sink.

Isn't it beautiful? It is funny when you get something new, even if it is as small as a new sink, it totally makes you fall in love with your house all over again. It least it does for me. Thank you Chad for all the hard work, and thank you Daddy and Rita-I love my new sink!!

8 comments:

Dennis and Calena said...

That is one nice looking new sink! I love the pictures of the kids hanging all over Chad too, how adorable!

Kayli said...

Your kids are so cute! I agree with your comment, one new thing and you love your house again! It looks beautiful!

Rachael said...

Ta da!!! Your kitchen looks great! Now your going to have to start washing things by hand just to use your sink. JUST KIDDING! I'm sure in every house (just like mine) the dishes pile up and there's nothing like seeing a clean empty sink to make your day that much nicer!

Michelle said...

Looks awesome! Good job Chad! I love all the pictures of the kids, they are so cute!

Hilary said...

Love it! That is EXACTLY what I want for our kitchen . . . we actually got the new faucet (that was what I spent my share of our tax return on), but a new kitchen sink is the single highest priority on my 'to-do-as-soon-as-we-have-money' list! Makes such a dramatic difference to a kitchen! I'm happy for you :-)

Kelly said...

House repairs can be so much fun (aghhh)! I never like how long it takes to accomplish house repairs, especially the ones that look so simple, but yet are so hard and tedious! However, after it is all done, I look back and think how grateful I am to have it finished and to have learned something new! I love those pictures, especially the ones of the kids hanging all over Chad! Precious moments, cherished forever!

John and Sherri said...

I love the new sink, and the pictures of the process! Lauren did a great job writing her name. How fun!

Keri said...

The sink looks great - and you made such good memories letting the kids play all over it. I think I'd try to entertain the kids and keep them away from Austin so he woudn't get frustrated, but look what simple things I'd miss out on.