Friday, March 20, 2009

Wheeler Farm

Finally! Spring is here! We went to Wheeler Farm today with some friends and their cute kids. It was exactly what I needed. Thanks Michelle! What a great idea. I was totally feeling so blah. I had acute cabinfeveritis, and a day at the farm was just the cure that I needed. Lauren and Vin are now all glossy-eyed and just chillin on the couch. Nice and quite. Nothing like a full day to make them all calm.

Here is some of the kids that went along. There were a few more, but this is all I got on my camera. (Left to right, Lily, Brock, Evan, Lauren, Carson, Colby, Tavin, and Ryker)


Lauren was the oldest little one there, and she really was so cute. She was watching out for all the little babies, making sure that they were safe. She was mothering them all.


Lauren and Vin, sitting on a tracker, getting ready to plow the fields. It is about time they pulled their weight around here! I mean, Lauren is 4 for crying out loud. Seriously now, it is kind of cool that I have these pictures with Evan on the tractor, because Chad's grandpa-who Vin is named after-had his own farm and tractor.


Evan loved the ducks!! He is so tender hearted, I didn't think that he would come out of his shell as quickly as he did. Evan inherited alot of "Triplett traits" and one of those traits is a love for animals. He lights up when he sees any kind of animal. In fact, I couldn't get him to play on the old tractors they had there, he kept wanting to go back over to where the animals were.



Lauren and Evan and all the animals.





Lauren had a lot of fun playing on the hay with Tavin and Colby.



I couldn't get Evan to go up on the hay stacks. He would cry everytime I tryed, but that is OK. He still had fun with the hay, just a little closer to the ground.


The kids had a lot of fun. We watch a lot of T.V during the winter. (I know, I know, What can I say. My poor kids have a mom who can't move in tempuratures below 40 degrees-yet an other reason I need to move to California. I have trained them to hate the white stuff.) So it was such a nice thing for us to get out of the house.



By the time we made it over to the ducks, the busy day was wearing on them. They started to show signs of weariness.

But Lauren really really wanted to ride the tractor. I had promised her when we got there. One the way to get the tokens to ride the tractor, Lauren got wounded. Poor thing skined her knee.


Doesn't her face look so sad. She is a little dramatic. She is laying on the couch, 6 hours later, still telling me that she can't walk because she skinned her knee. Heaven help me if she ever breaks a bone!! The tractor ride was fun. Poor Vin though. Remeber how I said that he is so tender hearted? He was fine when the tractor wasn't moving, but the moment it started going, he cried. He just needs to feel safe, sweet boy.

And as soon as the ride stoped, he was all smiles again.

It was alot of fun. It was a challenge to get there on time. (I got lost) With two kids, it is always an adventure when you try and make it out of the house before 9 in the morning, but it totally was worth it. I am looking forward to alot of summer days ahead spent with my babies and my friends.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Call me next time you go! We love going there!

Dennis and Calena said...

That was so much fun, I am really glad you guys came! Tavin really enjoyed Lauren's company too, we will totally have to have them hang out more! Oh, can I get a copy of the picture you have of Lauren helping Tavin down the hay? That would be awesome!

Rachael said...

Looks like you three had a blast. I'm glad your not so blah... anymore. Nobody likes feeling like that.

Our Story said...

It looked like you all had so much fun. Isn't the weather so nice. We've been loving it also. Like you my poor child has spent a lot of time inside during the winter. Next time I'm that way we should all go there I think would be fun for the kids and us.

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

I agree! A trip to the farm was exactly what I needed. Too bad it's snowing today :( Your kids are so cute! And getting so big. Lauren is such a little sweetie!

Michelle said...

That was such a fun day! I'm so glad you came :). The weather was sooo nice, too bad it decided to go back to being winter today :(!

Missy said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so stinking cute. I'm glad you girls had a good time. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to come with you guys next time.