Monday, July 6, 2009

Play date with my favorite people

I always wanted to be a mom. Whenever anyone asked what I was going to be when I grew up, I would always "A teacher...A doctor..A layer...An actress...ect" But in reality, I had no ambition to be anything but a mother. And here I am with these precious little people. I have the power to erase nightmares, to kiss away tears, and to make everlasting memories. Their beautifully innocent eyes still fill me with wonder. I am their mother! How did that happen? How was I so blessed to be the one to be the first to witness the smiles on their litte faces every morning. I have the divine privlage to see them grow. They are the spice in my life. Sometimes bitter, but mostly sweet.

One of the rewarding things for me is to watch their relationship grow. Evan adores his sister. She can do no wronge where he is concerned. His eyes shine with excitment whenever he hears her voice in the morning and they fill with tears whenever she is cross with him. And Lauren is such a protector when it comes to him. She is always making sure that he isn't doing anything dangerous. If he gets a little out of her line of vision, she freaks out! She wants him to be safe. Today I took my little monkeys to the park to run off some of their ever presant manic energy. They loved playing together, dispite the horrid heat!



He is always trying to do what Lauren does! Look what a difference three years makes! So funny!.


Evan loves the swings. And Lauren, being the super cute big sister that she is, loves to push him on the swings. I say that that is a win-win situation.



He fell asleep on the swings! Haha. So cute! So while he slept for about 10 minutes is all, Lauren played around.

We ended up at the little cherry sandbox house thing, which is both Evan and Lauren's favorite part of the whole park. They could spend hours in there if I let them! I wish I knew how to make one. Dad & Rita, if your reading this-what a great idea for a birthday presant! hint hint! They played in there for a long time.








It was soo hot!! Can you tell by looking at the boy's poor red face? I don't know what to do about park cloths. If I put them in shorts, then they won't slide down the slide or climb on anything because the equipment is to hot, but if I put them in pants, then they get to hot. I could tell that they were all done when Lauren just layed down in the cool sand and Evan cuddled up close to her. It was so cute. It made my heart leap. They didn't even protest when I told them it was time to leave the park.

Would I much rather have stayed in doors with my wonderful air conditioning and read a good book? Heck yes I would! But I love to see my little ones play. I love to see happiness dance around in their eyes. The magic they feel from everyday ordinary things like sand, or swings, brings magic into my own life. And a day at the park is a small gift I can give those little monsters. Everyday they give me so much more. The sound of their bare feet slapping on the floor as they run across the room. The feel of their breath on my neck as they throw their skinny little arms around my neck. The preasure of their bodys as they sit on my lap while I read to them. The love that flows like honey through their hearts; soft, slow, and sweet, as it melts into my own heart. There very presants in my life is like fire! It consumes all of my days and has changed the shape of my life for ever. There is no going back to the way it was before they came. For these gifts they have given me, I brave the hot sun to watch the smiles play across the lips of my two beautiful children.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Yeah I'm the first one to comment...your kids are so cute. I love how close they are-I hope when I have my next one Colby and he/she get along. In answer to your question...yes Will did work at Chilis he worked at the one on Riverdale Rd and also the one in Layton. Small world! :)

Michelle said...

What adorable pictures!