Saturday, December 20, 2008

Still in Utah...

We are still in Utah. So sad. But hopefully, we will leave for California tommarow. I hope all the storms will stay at bay while we travle. I love California. I love that we have spent every Christmas there. Lauren keeps asking me everyday "Mommy is it Christmas time yet?" No baby I tell her. Finally today I asked her why she wants Christmas to come so badly. I expected the typical toddler answers, you know-Santa, presants, blah blah.. But she instead responded, "Because I get to see Mimi and Pop Pop. I love that Christmas is more about family to her then of gifts. Here are some things I am looking forward to.
1-The beach on Christmas morning, a Triplett family tradion.
2-24 hours of A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"
3-No dishes for a week, house cleaning, laundry, ect..
4-Lauren's 4th birthday
5-Seeing Nikki's growing belly. Just a couple more weeks to go Nikki!!
6-Breakfast at Millie's
7-Seeing the freaks on 3rd Street. We use to go to Venis Beach every year, but the freaks there have crossed the line from being funny to watch to being just plain scary.
8-Pandamonium at Frys.
9-Trying to find a parking space at the Topanga Mall.
10-And of course needless to say, just doing absoutly nothing with Doug and Debbie, or most favorite part of all.
Christmas time wouldn't be the same for us if we spent it anywhere ealse. After all, when all is said and done, christmas time is not about all of the gifts you can get your hands onto, it is about all the people you can get your arms around.

And, for your viewing entertainment, here in Evan trying to climb into one of his toys. The kid isn't sure on his feet yet. He still has trouble travling horizontal, but vertical-he is an expert. He has been climbing anything that will stand still for months now. Funny kid, he makes me laugh.




3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hopefully you make it so Cali safe and soon! :) That's so awesome that you always spend your Christmas' there. I'm a little (or a lot!) jealous! Evan is a cutie! So is Lauren of course!

John and Sherri said...

Have fun and good luck traveling! Merry Christmas!

Keri said...

Wow he's getting so big. Hopefully you got there safe!