Saturday, December 13, 2008

A new play room, and the Temple lights..

I love my house!! I love it when I have been gone on vacation and I come home to my house, with my bed, and all of my stuff. However, our house is always under some kind of construction. But I don't mind to much because I love my house. There is no other house like it around here. We have a conversation pit!! Which brings me to Lauren's and Vin's "play room". I never knew what to do with all their toys!! Toys, toys and more toys everywhere! I don't have room in my house for a playroom, so I just tryed the best I could to keep it semi-organized. Then the other day, I thought of our conversation pit. The kids are always bringing their toys in there anyway. So I made it into a little play room, or the play pit as we call it. Lauren is always saying that she has to go to the play pit. She now spends all day in there, and I get to keep all the toys in one place!! Win-win, eh?


Now, I know that I don't need to write about going to see the Temple lights last night because I am sure that you were there. It is impossible to think that someone might have stayed home last night to watch Ghost Whisperer. I know for a fact that all of Utah went to Temple Square last night. I havn't seen such a mass of humanity since the last time that I went to Disneyland! It took an hour to get a parking space. In the end, we had to park at the Gateway and walk to Temple Square. But I was very excited. I love going there at Christmas time. Lauren has never been! Isn't that crazy! She loved the lights, and so did Vin actually. He kept laughing and claping his hands. When Lauren saw the statue of Christ she said, "Oh mommy, I love him so much." *sigh* She loved the Nativity Scene where they read Luke 2, She got really into that, which I loved because I remember thinking how magical that was when I was a little girl. Even with the crowds and the cold, it was a good way to spend a friday night.



5 comments:

Our Story said...

That is so cool your able to have a play area for your kids. I don't have the space for it so toys go everywhere, but where they are suppose to go. So glad that you were able to go see the Temple lights thats my favorite part of Christmas Last year we missed it Hopefully this year we get to go.

John and Sherri said...

How fun! And I love the play room- we need one in a bad way! It was great to see you the other day at Sams. We really do need to get together sometime, maybe after the Holidays!

The Benoits said...

I hear ya on the play room thing...I don't know what I would do without our playroom. The lights at Temple Square is next on our list of things to do this holiday season. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Collings Family said...

Oh Melissa, the playroom looks sooo good! I'm so happy for you!

Keri said...

Looks good. I have a play room and LOVE It. But as soon as we have another kid then it turns into Aidan's room and the play room. Oh yay......But he always pulls all the toys from the playroom to the tv room. But at least they are never upstairs. I want to go see the lights!!!!!