Monday, December 29, 2008

Lauren is 4!! Crap! When did that happen!?!


I have accepted that fact that my little baby girl will forever get older. I am no longer going to fight father time. I just can not, for the life of me, understand just how 4 years have gone by in what can only be described as a flash! We had a fun day though, a long one, but a fun one. You know those days where at about 10:00 at night you look back and think Wow, was all of that in the same day? That was today. At breakfast, Lauren got a sunday and the wait staff at Millies saranaded her. I wish I had brought my camera because Lauren's eyes sparkled, she was so thrilled.


We then went to the T.O. mall. We took Lauren to Build a Bear, our presant to her. She loved it. She picked everything out. And she got to step a petal that stuffed the bear. By the way, this is a looong one :)

She kissed a heart and then they put it into her little bear.

She loved it. She named her bear Princess Fairy.

I am so glad we did it! She loves her little bear and has been hanging on to Princess Fairy all day long. She even wanted me to buckle her bear into the car so that she will be safe.

After Build a Bear, we picked up an other one of Lauren's creations. We went to Paint A Dream and got the plate that she painted earlier this week. I love it! I will treasure it forever.

Then it was time to party. Nikki and Taylor came out as well as Auntie Dawn. We went to a place called Kid Fun Zone. I know, it is such a creative name right. I wonder how they came up with it. We had pizza, cake, and Lauren and Taylor played games. It was fun.



Lauren's favorite was a roller coaster simulator thing. She rode it over and over again!


Lauren kept looking for the tracks! funny girl!

Evan wasn't quit as thrilled with the simulator as Lauren was. Poor kid, he cryed. It made him nervous. And this from the same kid that just the day before had fallen all the way down Mimi and Pop Pop's stairs, only to pick himself back up and climb the stairs all over again as if nothing happened! My rough and tumble boy has a soft heart. (He has no shirt on because we took it off so that he could eat cake, and we just never put it back on).

He loved the cake.




He gave me a big, messy, sticky, cake-filled kiss. I love being a mom! Isn't he a sweet boy!

She got lots of good presants. We still wern't done! After Lauren's party, we went to Third street. (I'll post some pictures later). We are all tired and I can't believe we fit so much into just one day. Almost as much as I can't believe how old Lauren is! She is such a sweet speacial little girl. I am honored to be her mom. I know I had to do something right to have the privlige of raising her. Happy birthday baby girl. I love you!

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

Melissa that just means your getting older as well. Watch out for those crows feet and gowels on your chin. I know I am!

Keri said...

Happy Birthday - I remember her being born so I can't believe it's 4 years either! She's so darn cute and looks like she had a GREAT day - thanks to her wonderful parents. :)

Celeste said...

What a little cutie! I agree, how did our little girls turn 4 years old?? Happy Birthday Lauren!

Michelle said...

Happy Birhtday Lauren! I can't believe she's 4!!

Dennis and Calena said...

That looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Happy Birthday Lauren!

John and Sherri said...

Looks like Lauren had a GREAT birthday! Her face is worth a million words. Time sure flies by! Happy Birthday Lauren.

The Benoits said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! I feel your anxiety about babies growing up...Cambrie's 4th B-day is around the corner! It is so bitter sweet...these babies growing up so fast. My Grandma once said to me, "It is so sad that they grow up, but we sure would worry if they didn't." So every time that I get sad about my babies growing up I remind myself how lucky I am that they are healthy and growing!

Amber said...

Wow, four years old already? That's awesome. You guys look like you had a great day. Happy Birthday Lauren!