Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lauren's Christmas Tree, and Painting Plates..


Last night, we picked out our Christmas tree. Or I guess I should say that LAUREN picked out her tree. We have never had a real tree before. We have an artifical comercialized tree, just the kind that Charlie Brown would hate. So Lauren was so excited!!


After looking up and down all the trees, she settled on one. It had to be the smallest tree in the lot. She said that it was "just her size". So funny!


It seriously was so small!! We took it home and Lauren decorated the tree!


I think her favorite part was putting the star on top! She was so proud of herself! She picked the tree, decorated it, and put the star on top. That is all she has been talking about all day today.

It was a little reminder to me of what Christmas is all about. It isn't about having the biggest or fullest tree, or the one with the fanciest decorations. Lauren taught me a valuable lesson yesterday. She taught me that the smile of a child is worth more then anything ealse on this planet.
And then today, we got to have a girls day. We left Chad and Vin at home to fend for themselves, and Lauren and I went to "Paint a Dream". It's a place where you can paint your own things, like plates or whatever. Lauren painted a plate, and I painted a clock for my kitchen. We won't get it back untill Monday, so I am not sure how they turned out, but we had fun, just us girls.

This is her "don't bother me, I'm painting" face.

This is Lauren explaining to me that she can't smile at the camera right now because she is to busy.

Finally, we got a smile!!

We had lots of fun. I can't wait to see how they turned out! Thanks Debbie!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun! How fun for Lauren, to pick her own tree! I love the can't smile picture!

Unknown said...

I LOVE paint a dream. So fun. But whew! Expensive! Still worth it. See you tomorrow!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun!!

Keri said...

I can't wait to have a real tree one day! Maybe once we have a little more money and a different house....You guys always have so much fun!!!