Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...

My birthday is on the 23rd of this month. I am not going to admit exactly how old I am. I am just old enough to decide that I am no longer going to say my real age to people. I will be perpetually in my twenties. Ahh, twenty-something, I will always love you. Chad got work off because he was going to surprise me with a trip to either Vegas or Wendover. I didn't care which one. It would add up to a weekend all alone, so flip a coin, heads or tails-I'm a winner! Unfortunately, we couldn't find anyone to watch the kids. So instead, we spent the day together. We took our little family to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. And it must be said, that good times were had. I love spending time with my family. They are the best decision I have ever made in my life! My husband and my little babies. How could life get any better? I highly recommend taking your little ones there. Lauren and Evan loved it. I was most surprised by Evan. He couldn't get enough of the dinosaurs. I have tried giving that kid balls, cars, and anything else that screams boy, and he just didn't seem too excited. But when we were at the museum, the kid came to life. He was so excited. He would chatter in enthusiastic gibberish. And he never got tired of looking at bones and rocks! I think my kid is going to be a paleontologist. This is Lauren showing us how a dinosaur walks. She was stomping with as much force as her little teny tiny legs could muster! So cute.
Evan just loved looking at all the little fossils. It was fun for me to see just how happy and excited he got over them.
I love love love this picture. I feel like one of the best things about being a mom of more then one is the growing bond between your kids that you get to see. Lauren loves her little buddy and is always trying to protect and care for him. And Evan adores his sister!
I love Lauren's cheesey face she gives in pictures lately. It is just so, well, cheesey.
Chad and Lauren going on a dinosaur hunt.

Evan just being fasinated with yet an other dinosaur.
Isn't this a sweet one too! At first she was afraid of it. Once we showed her that it wasn't real and that it really wouldn't try and eat her, then she loved it. She would hug it and cuddle it like it was a big stuffed animal. She has the sweetest little heart.
Look at the boy cruise.
I love watching my family enjoy each other. I wouldn't trade today for all of the alone time in the world. Birthdays change for me the older I get, as well as holidays. My life is no longer all about me. I want to see delight in Lauren and Evan's eyes. To see life through there eyes as they are learning and discovering the world for the first time is the best birthday wish I could ask for.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday, I'm glad you had fun.

Keri said...

Cute pictures! I need to take Aidan there. And Happy Birthday early!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!... Cute pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time! If you ever need a baby sitter et me know. I'd be more than happy to help out :).

Amber said...

Happy Birthday! You look like you had fun on your outing with your family.
You found the right website. My family site is actually http://www.mikebrunson.blogspot.com, but my husband posts to that one and I post to the recipe site. I would love to get back in touch, my email address is amber.brunson@gmail.com

Celeste said...

You look like you'll be in your twenty-somethings for a long time to come still. Live 'em up! It's a good decade, but I have to admit, I'm liking the thirty somethings more than I thought I would. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! If you were out here, we'd watch them for you.

Kayli said...

Happy Birthday! It was a wonderful surprise to hear from you! I have wondered for a long time how you were and what you have been up to. Your kids are huge and incredibly cute. I'm so glad you have a blog so that we can always stay in touch. I recently took my boys to the dino museum and they had a lot of fun!

Our Story said...

Happy Birthday I'm so glad that you were able to do something fun. I wish we were closer I would have watched your kids.

Collings Family said...

Glad you had a good one Melissa!