Monday, September 29, 2008

Funny Girl Part 2



The other day at dinner, Lauren announced "Mommy, if I had a secert, I would tell you. But I don't have a secret. So I can't tell you." We thought that that was funny, but then a couple minutes later she proclaimed. "Ouhh, I have a secret Mommy!" Then she whispered in my ear "Mommy I love you". I then whispered back, "Lauren I love you" She looked up at me and said, "Silly Mommy, thats no secret!" Ha ha, silly girl!

Yesterday, Lauren was carring her purse around. She came up to me and said, "Mommy, do you want to see what I have in my purse?" She opened it up and it was empty. So I said "Oh Lauren, its so pretty. What is it?" She answered, "Its happiness and Laughter!" How cute!! Where does she come up with these things?

On the sweeter side-As we were driving to see Chad for lunch, and ambulance was coming up behind us. After it had passed and we were merging back onto the road Lauren said "Oh no mommy, that means someone is hurt. We need to pray for them." And then she said a little prayer. Did I teach her that? It was so sweet.

Some friends of my parents that I grew up with came by to visit Chad and I. They are both a little round in the middle section. Lauren was demure and quite through the whole visit, but as they were leaving she asked the wife "Do you have a baby in your tummy?" We all tryed to ignore it as they walked to their car, but Lauren didn't get her answer, so she said it louder-"Do you have a baby in your tummy?" Shhh, Lauren not now! Still no answer, so she ran out of the house and at the top of her lungs yelled "DO YOU HAVE A BABY IN YOUR TUMMY." I thought that they would never get in their car!! She may not have had a baby in her tummy, but I definalty looked like I had a sunburn!

She says the funniest things in the most honest way. I love my Lauren.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Thats so cute! and i love the new blog.

The Benoits said...

So funny...it reminds me of the time I was at walmart with Bailie. She was two. She pointed at the lady right in front of us and said loudly..."mommy, that lady has a big ol' bum." Your right, kids say the funniest things in innocence.

Unknown said...

She's adorable! She'll be able to question me about the baby in my belly on Christmas and get an answer.

Michelle said...

Wow! The cute things kids come up with! I love that she said she had happiness and laughter in her purse! How cute! That cracks me up! :)... The baby in the tummy comment was pretty hilarious too!