Monday, September 20, 2010

Utah State Fair

I almost missed the state fair this year, which would have been sad. We haven't missed a year since Chad and I got married. Not when Chad had his heart operation, not when I was big and pregnant with Evan and having contractions while we were walking around the exhibits, but almost this year. I am not sure why. It just kind of crept up on us. So we decided to just load the car up and go. I was sick and oh so tired, but we had to go. What is a September in Utah with out a trip to the fair, I ask you? We had fun. Lauren and Evan love the animals. Lauren is a doer, she is always wanting to go and do and be a part of everything. While Evan is more of an observer. He is more then happy to tag along and watch Lauren ride the pony, pet the animals, ect. But try and get him to pet the animals and he flat out refuses. It is real interesting for me to see just how opposite in personality Lauren and Evan are, but then again, that might be why they get along so well. Here are just some picture highlights. I was trying to get over a nasty cold that made it's way around everyone in our family, so we only stayed about an hour. But it was still fun, and we got to go, which was important to me.


Evan would not touch the cute little baby cow, but Lauren was all over that.

She has now declared to Chad and I that she no longer wants to eat hamburgers. And she wondered why people don't just keep cows as pets. They are "so cute and people shouldn't eat cute things." We decided not to tell her where chicken nuggets come from. We will leave that until next year.






So, last year Chad was sick, this year it was me who was sick, and three fairs ago I was hugely pregnant. Maybe next year all the stars will align and we will all be in good working order to really take in the whole fair experience.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I haven't been to the Utah State Fair since me and Austin were engaged! wow! Looks like fun. I really want to try all the deep fried crap they sale!