Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me..

I have officially crossed over from my 20's into my 30's and I have lived to tell the tale. It really isn't as bad as I feared. I still fell like I am 21 years old, I look in the mirror and see the same face, I like the same foods and kinds of movies. It turns out that you are totally the same person at 30 that you were at 29. Huh, who knew?

I am pretty sure I am smarter now then when I was at 21. I cringe to think of some of the things that I have said and done when I was younger. I am sure that in my next 30 years I am going to take the time to appreciate my family more, and all of my kids crazy antics. The good and the bad, they all make up for such a rich and zesty life. I am going to exercise more. I would still love to be able to run just a half marathon, so if anyone has any advice on how I can accomplish that, I am all for that. I want to smile and laugh more, not take offense to others. I believe that most people are generally good in their core. I am not going to let the words "I can't" stand in my way anymore. I know I can. I am proud of where I am in my life right now, and I couldn't be happier with all that I have been given. I live and love everyday. I drink in the happiness of my children and the love from my husband. I couldn't ask for anything else for my birthday.

For my birthday, I got to spend it with my favorite people in the whole world, my cute family. I was so sure that I wasn't going to go anywhere or do anything this year. Which is fine with me. I am just happy with a "Happy Birthday". But Chad totally surprised me. He stopped off at the store on his way home and got me a small cake. He even was thoughtful enough to get one that wasn't to sugary so I wouldn't get a migraine. Which sounds like something small to other people, but I think it is way sweet and romantic (see, it doesn't take much to make me happy).

Isn't it a cute little cake. I love it. And I love Chad. He is so good to me. I am grateful everyday that I had the courage to stick up for my love for him against all odds and family pressure. My only regret is that I don't get to share days like this with my family (except for my dad). We were going to go to the movies, but once we got there, the only cartoon movies they had were 3D and Evan doesn't like the 3D glasses. So we went out to eat at Applebee's instead. Which I actually enjoyed so much.

We gave Lauren and Evan some pop rocks and let them eat them while we waited for the food. We thought we were being brilliant. It seems like we never learn, sugar + kids = wild, crazy, nutty,bouncy, spazy little people. We had fun watching them spaz out though.


The pictures are blurry because I was taking the pictures with my phone and these two crazy kids wouldn't sit still! Love them. Everytime I go to eat at Applebee's I always order the Oriental Chicken Salad, yummy! So delicious!

More crazy kid pictures



While we were eating, I was playing with a picture filter on my phone..and again..it shows what happens when you mix children with tons of sugar.



I had a really great birthday. I am sure that 30 would scare me if I didn't have Chad, Lauren, and Evan. The thought of growing up, and yes older, with these people in my life makes me feel very secure. I love my family. In the end, they really are the greatest gift I could have been given.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute and Happy Birthday! It sounds to me like you had everything you wanted!!

Rachael said...

Glad you had a great birthday. You deserve it, you really do. Here's to thirty more!!!

John and Sherri said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Michelle said...

So many cute posts! I've been a little behind on checking blogs. Hope you had a wonderful birthday :)!!!