Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Disneyland & California Adventure


When I was growing up, we went to Disneyland every year that I can remember. Going there brings back so many good memories. It makes me feel carefree again (that is untill I see the credit card bill at the end of the month-yikes). It was fun to share all of the magic with my own kids. Lauren had so much fun and is already telling Chad and I that she misses Disneyland and needs to go back.


Lauren was so excited to go on the Roger Rabit rollar coster ride in Toone Town. I don't think she was prepared for how fast it would go. She scramed so loud and just grabed ahold of me. I thought for sure that she was terrified. But once we got off, I asked if she wanted to go again. She surprised me by saying yes, so then Chad took her a second time. My delicate little girl loved all of the rollar coasters. Who knew? She loved the Haunted Mansion, the Pirates, everything. Evan was terrified of every ride, except for It's a Small World. (you are singing the song in your head, arn't you.) He loved it.


(Toone Town)

We went on the Fairess Wheel in California Adventure. Lauren LOVED it. When I asked her what ride she was on, she said "We are in a rollar coaster box!!" Funny girl.



Evan, on the other hand, not so much of a fan.



We also went on the bumper cars, but they were soooo slow. (someone must have sued) They should have called them the gentle nudge cars. But Lauren didn't seem to mind.


We had lots of fun. I would like to go again when Evan is a little bit older so that he can enjoy it as much as Lauren did. I love my family, and what I love doing best is play with them. I am so grateful that I got to give to my children a piece of my childhood that I love so much.

3 comments:

Collings Family said...

JEALOUS. I LOVE Disneyland. Except that one ride - the ferris wheel. I feel for you Evan! I hate it too!

Michelle said...

That's awesome that you've been to Disneyland so many times! I am jealous :)! Looks like you made lots of fun family memories!

Hilary said...

We had SO much fun with our kids there too . . . it really is like this magic wonderland for families! :-)