Saturday, September 19, 2009

Evan's California Birthday


We have always been in California for everyone of Lauren's birthdays. Her birhtday is Dec. 29th, and since we are out there for Christmas anyway, we also celebrate her birthday too. I always say that Lauren is the best Christmas presant I have ever gotten. And Evan is the best birthday presant-since his birthday is Sept 12th and mine is the 23rd. This time we were out in California on Evan's birthday. So we (and when I say we I mean Mimi and Aunt Dawn) through together a little birthday celebration. It was fun for me to celebrate his birthday with all of my california family. We went to Bruce and Dawn's house for a little bit of swimming, some hamburger and hot dogs, and of course, yummy birthday cake.


Evan loves the water! He went under twice. But that didn't stop him from having fun in the Dawn's pool. Lauren, also loves water. But as you can see, she not only had floaties on, but she also was on a little raft the whole time. LOL! They make me laugh. Sometimes I think, are they really from the same gene pool? They are both individuals with their own unique personalities. They are so much fun.




After we had our fill of swimming, we went inside and had some hamburgers and hot dogs that Bruce made. They were delicious. Technically, Bruce, Dawn, Nikki and Jennifer arn't even family. Dawn is the sister of Chad's step-mom (Mimi). But that has never stoped them from making me feel like family. Family is so important to me. I have learned that family doesn't always mean "relation". These people are my family and they treat me like I am too.


Lauren had so much fun playing with her "cousin" Taylor. She misses Taylor when we are not in California and she looks forward to playing with her when we are there.




After I took the pictures of them in the bedroom, they told me to "go away. No big girls allowed, just little girls." And it begins already. Apperently, me being over the age of 6, is "old" and therefore so uncool. We then went outside and smashed up a pinata, which Evan would have nothing to do with.


Tay and Lauren split the booty, while Evan, easy going kid that he is, was content to knaw on a candy necklace for an hour.




Lauren's favorite prize was a toe ring. I had no idea she even knew what a toe ring was. But once it feel out of the pinata, that was it. This is how her conversations went for the rest of the night.

"I want some cake. Do you like my bueatiful toe ring?"
"I am playing with Taylor!!! Have you seen my bueatiful toe ring?"
"Daddy, I'm hungry...and have you seen my bueatiful toe ring?"

She is a funny girl!

After the pinata, it was time for birthday cake! Mimi got Evan a cute Mickey Mouse "playhouse disney" cake. We sang happy birthday buddy and then we ate.


Singing "Happy Birthday" He is so tender-hearted! I love it.

Make a wish, and blow that sucker out. (ok, so I had to help. Maybe next year he will get the idea and blow out his own candle.)



The cake was so good, rich and sugary. I called it a migrain on a plate. It was so worth it though.

(Evan at a year old. He always looked like one of those little dolls from the '60s)

Evan is about the sweetest boy that was ever born. He has such goodness in him. He is sometimes over shadowed by his older sister, but he doesn't mind. He is content to let her shine. He loves being around people, but hates being the center of attention. He loves animals, music, and books. I truely feel so honored to be his mom. I am amazed on a daily basis that my sweet little monster are mine. I love my little buddy boy. He has the kindest eyes. So soft. It goes right along with his heart.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

What cuties!

John and Sherri said...

Cute pictures, what a fun party! I am so jealous you got to go to Disneyland, I can't wait to take our kids there!

Dennis and Calena said...

What cute stories.
I'm glad you guys had so much fun and I love the pictures, what a cute little guy.

Amber said...

I think it is wonderful when you can have family birthdays for your kids. Living far from family means they may not happen every year but that just makes them that much more special when they do happen.

Michelle said...

Looks like Evan had a fun birthday celebration! He is such a cute little guy! That's fun that you were able to celebrate in California. Your birthday is coming up to, hope you're able to do something fun for it! Happy Birthday if I don't get to tell you on your actual birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun! I haven't been down to Cali.... I miss it so much I need to plan a trip real soon.

Collings Family said...

I can't believe it! Where did the time go? Our kids are growing up way too fast! He is such a cute little guy.