Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday Party and Family Fun

I can't believe it is almost two years since my little Buddy Boy was born. We had a birthday party for him and his couin Carter, whose birthday is Sept.1st, and his Uncle James, whose birthday is Sept.5th. Evan's actual birthday is on the 12th-but still, it made me, once again, think that time moves way to fast. We went to Kari and James' new place in Salt Lake.

Singing Happy Birthday to Evan

Singing Happy Birthday to Carter.

And last but not least, singing happy birthday to James.


It was a fun night. All day long, Chad and I were debating whether we wanted to go or not. We went back and forth on the idea, but we decided that we should go. And I am so glad we did. I have heard it said that where God closes a door, he opens a window. And Chad's family is my open window. When I look at them, I don't see in-laws, I see people who love me and care about me. I see family.



I am lucky to have them. Chad and I thought it would be fun to bring our bouncy house with us, and it really was fun. Little kids and not-so-little kids (James) had fun playing in it. There were so many fun pictures, It was hard to pick just a few, but you can totally tell that it was a lot of fun. Evan waited untill it was empty, and then he bounced in it (smart kid) and Lauren was terrified to go in there with so many big kids. She said it was "to crazy for little girls."



Evan is just like "I'll Chill here where it is safe."





At one point, my nephew D.J just flew over the top of it and landed on the ground just outside the bouncy house. How no one broke there neck, I just don't know! chad thought it would be funny to turn off the fan while people were still in there. It actually was pretty funny.


Haha. It was a fun night. It is not everynight that you get to spend with a multitude of people who know your faults and love you anyway.






But alas, all good things, like this blog post for instance, must come to an end. We had to pack up our bouncy house. I think that the big kids had more fun getting all the air out of the bouncy house so we can put it into it's bag, then they had actually bouncing on it.




Now remember, these are all husbands and fathers! Yeah, boys, they never grow up. And we love them so much for that. I didn't really get all emotional at the birthday party, because to me Evan isn't 2 yet. Just wait untill his actual birthday and I am sure that I will cry. Or, maybe I was just having to much fun to cry.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, that bounce house sure took a beating. It looks like everyone had a great time playing in it. I think 2 is a FABULOUS age. The world is just starting to unfold and you get to watch your little ones enjoy all of the great things this life has to offer. I think you will love watching Evan experience the adventures.

Michelle said...

I can't believe Evan is almost 2! What a fun family birthday party it looks like you guys had! That's awesome that you get along so well with Chad's family. They look like lots of fun!

Dennis and Calena said...

I can't believe he is almost 2! It looks like you guys had lots of fun with all of your family too.

Rachael said...

How fun, early Happy birthday Evan!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's 2!!! Looks like you had a blast.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday to Evan! And Lauren is looking so grown up! I love the "boys" and their blow-up toys. Ha ha!