Thursday, August 27, 2009

All about Evan


I wrote all the cute things that Lauren has said recently, so I thought I would write a little something about Evan. He doesn't talk much yet, but there are things about this time in his life that I just don't want to forget.

Evan is the happiest little guy ever. He always has a smile on his face and he is always happy to do whatever anyone ealse wants-he is just content to be there. Every monrning when I get him out of bed, he laughs when he sees me and says "Hi". He laughs when I get him out of bed and laughs when he sees the dog waiting for him. He laughs when I put him in his high chair for breakfast and he laughs when I bring him his food. If he asks for something and I guess right like "Oh buddy, you want your sippy cup"-he laughs! He is just such a delight to have and so sunny all the time. The only time he gets cranky is when he is hungry (then I bring him his food and he laughs) or tired (then I put him in his crib and he laughs). He makes taking care of him easy and fun.

Evan also loves music. He will sing in Walmart for a long time. Just nodding his head from side and side and cooing some tune that I have no idea what it is, but it sounds sooooo adorable!! If he is fussy for any reason, all I have to do is start to sing and he will stop and listen. When we were in Las Vegas, Evan was having a hard time at night settling down and sleeping somewhere other then his crib. All I would do is sing him different songs untill he feel asleep. One of his favorite things to do at night is grab his sippy cup full of milk and climb onto Chad's lap while Chad is on the computer. Chad will put head phones on Evan and play him some music off his computer while Chad plays his computer games. Evan will just lay there for the longest time, completly relaxed, just listening to music. And it could be anything form country to punk rock, he just loves music. I keep telling myself that I need to get him a CD player for his room so I can play him some music as he falls asleep, but I always forget.




Evan also loves to draw. He has more fun with a pen and paper then with a bat and ball. He will scribble on a sheet of paper for a long time too. If I have a pen and papaer in the car, he will just scribble away for as long as I need to drive. We went to Wheeler Farm recently, and the whole way down, Evan was drawing. Maybe Evan will be all creative and artistic. But what ever he grows up to be, he will always be my little buddy boy!

He loves his sister. His face lights up when ever she comes into a room. He follows her around everywhere and trys to do everything that she does. If Lauren hurt her hand, Evan will point to his hand and say "aowie." When Lauren gives him a hug, he just melts into her. He looks at Lauren as if she hung the moon for him. And I think that Lauren can feel it from him because she trys to protect him and help him. She fills her role of the big sister very well and takes it seriously.

Every night when it is time for bed, I tell Evan "lets go night-night." He imediatly drops to his knees and folds his arms. I love it. Sometimes when I don't feel like saying prayers because it was a stressful day, I look at my kids. Evan will be two years old on September 12th and he is teaching me already. He knows you say your prayers at night and he gets upset if we skip that part of the night time ritual.

Evan has such a sensitive heart. He loves animals very much. At the duck pond, he want to follow all the ducks into the water. At the zoo, he just can't contain his excitment! He loves it. At wheeler farm, he would rather look at the bunnies then the tractors. He loves Radley so much. He will lay on Radleys stomache at night and drink his bottle. Radley totally lets him do it too. He talks all softly when he talks to our "tee-tees" (kittys) or to "aaadee" (Radley). The people at Chad's work call Evan "Hurk" (for hurcules) because the kid is build like a football player. I think it is so funny that he should be build so soild and have such tender little soft heart.




I love Evan so much. I can go on and on about how much I love this kid. He really is just so full of happiness all the time. He makes me smile right along with him. I would have 10 kids if I were certin that their temperments would be the same as Lauren's and Evan's. I know I have real easy-going kids. I feel very lucky to be there mom.

2 comments:

John and Sherri said...

I know I say this a lot, but you really do have adorable kids. Their eyes say it all! They have a great life, that's why they're so happy. I love all the funny things they say and do, good job writing them down!

Michelle said...

What a cute post. Evan is such a cute happy little guy!