Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lauren-isms


Lauren always says the cutest things! And she really is so intelligent. So her trying to use big words in her little voice is so funny!! I always tell Chad the cute things she said through out the day and he always tells me to please write it down. To wich I reply that of couse I will write it in her book right away. Only to find that two days later with a pen in hand and her little baby book open-I have writers block! Ahhh! But latly, I have been running right to the wipe board in our kitchen and jotting down her funny little moments so I not only remember to lavish tells of all things Lauren onto Chad the moment he walks in the door from work, but I can also remember when I go to write it in her baby book. So to all my blog readers out there, I am first going to appologize. She is my baby girl, there for I think she is the funniest cutest thing EVER...and I have a lot of little things she has said over the past week.

*Any one who knows Lauren, knows of her love for the Disney Princesses. She lives in all of her princess dresses-all day, every day. It is all I can do to get her out the door for church not dressed like Sleeping Bueaty. And lately she has been prefixing almost every thing she says with "When I get big and become a mom...." So the other night when I was tucking her in bed she gets this serious look on her face and tells me, "Mommy, when I get big and become a mom, I will still wear princess dresses. I will Mom."

*Lauren was walking into the living room. As she was walking, she was putting on her sun glasses. She just stoped and said "Wow! How is it possible that it got so dark in here!?!"

*Chad brought home an old broken blackberry from work. It was all pink, so he gave it to Lauren to play with. She loved it! (mainly because it was pink. She loves pink almost as much as she loves princess dresses) She came to me and said excitedly "Mommy-you have a blackberry and I have a pink berry!"

*Lauren says the cutest prayers! They are so full of innocence and so much faith. She always prays for "love and peace and hope for everyone in the whole world" I don't know where she got that from, but it is cute. The other night at prayer time, she said "Heavenly Father, please please I pray that you would move Utah sun to California and California sun to Utah. I know you can do it!" Cute huh. She inherited her parents adversion to bight super hot sun. And then tonight in her prayer she said "I know that I miss Jesus but if I just close my eyes and say a pray then I am talking to Jesus." Chad and I just looked at each other and smiled. So sweet. She really has a tender heart. Everytime she sees something sad on T.V or when we were out, she always says "oh no. I think we should pray about that."


*Lauren is such a good big sister. She is always pulling Evan away from the water's edge at the duck pond or screaming and crying to me when she thinks he is in danger. She has even stuck her delicate little fingers into his mouth to fish out a coin. (to which she was reward with a bite). She is the one who gave Evan his nick name of "buddy boy" and now Chad and I call him that all the time. He answers to "buddy" or "buddy boy" quicker then he does his own name. So you can imagine that the day Lauren came to me all full of concern to talk about Evan, I listened...and then I laughed. She said to me "Mommy, I think there is something wronge with Buddy boy." She was so full of concern and so serious, that I had to listen. When I asked her what was wronge, she replied "I think he is an alien."

*Our next door neighbors were out in there backyard jumping on their trampoline. They has a sprinkler under the tramp and they were in their swim suits. (Maybe I should also mention that if Lauren isn't wearing a princess dress this summer, she is running around in a swim suit) She ran into the house all excited and said "Mommy, the next door neighbors are jumpin' on the tramp in their swim suits! So it made me say in my mind, 'hum, maybe Lauren wants to wear her swim suit.'"(apperently her mind speaks in third person format).

*Last one, I promise. Lauren is always thinking the best of everyone and everything. Everytime someone hurts her in one way or an other, she always gives an excuss for them. Lauren was in our backyard again playing with Radley, our dog. I always keep the window or back door open when Lauren and Evan and playing outside. I was cleaning when all of the sudden I heard Lauren's "hurt" cry, so I ran out side and held on to her and asked her what happen..and this is what she said inbetween sobs. "I was walking down the stairs and Radley just ran up behind me *snif snif* and she just knock me on the ground really really hard. *sob, gulp, snif* But she didn't know it was me, she thought I was a flower and she said to herself, I want to PICK that pretty flower out of the ground. But I am not a flower mommy, I am just Lauren."

Haha, she is a funny girl. I hope you enjoyed all the cute things she says. Evan now can say a few real words. He just said "da-dee" this week. He says "Or-ann" for Lauren and aaadee for Radley. He says "I yant smmm" for I want some, he says "moor peese" for more please, and "shee shoo" for thank you. He also calls his stuffed animal duck (which he has to sleep with every night) cuck cuck. I think he is saying quack quack. I am so excited that he is starting to speak english instead of Klingon. Soon I will be writting about all the adorable things he says too.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love hearing the silly things Lauren says, she is the cutest little girl ever! She is so smart, it amazes me! I'm sure now that Colby is talking I'll be doing lots of "Colby-ism" posts in the future. Thanks for the idea. I love hearing the funny things kids say (especially Lauren, she's a little talker) and I don't ever want to forget some of the cute/silly things Colby says!

Dennis and Calena said...

That is cute!

Hilary said...

She is so adorable!
I think my favorite part about my blog, is how many 'Annie-isms' I've captured that would've been lost forever. Sometimes I run to the computer and type them in as drafts to use later, just so I don't forget them!

The Parks' said...

What a little princess Lauren truly is. I love the cute and hilarious things she says. Thanks for sharing. I think she gets her good heart from her mommy :)