Friday, June 19, 2009

Talking Bees and Sarcastic Socks

Lauren is always saying things all day long that keeps me laughing. I had a whole list of things that she has said this past week that I was going to blog about, but of course I can't find it now-naturally. So only a few things come to mind.

Lauren was outside playing on the trampoline. I always have the windows down while Lauren and Evan are outside so that I can pay attention to what they are doing. I, all of the sudden, heard Lauren screaming. So I ran out there to see what was up. After hugging her and calming her down a bit, I asked her what was the matter. Through tears, she replied "I was just here, minding my own business (yes, she really does talk like that) when a bumble bee saw me and smelled my skin. The bumble bee said 'huh, what a pretty sunflower'. And then I ran away from the bee, but the bee followed me and said 'wait sunflower, I am not done with you yet.' But Mommy, I am not a sunflower, I am just a little girl."
Apperently all of the bugs in our yard are articulate.

A couple of weeks ago, I was packing up for Las Vegas and I was a little stressed out with two little ones under foot. It seemed like everytime I got a little bit ahead, something would happen to throw me back a couple of hours. So when Evan went down for a nap, Chad took Lauren to run some arrends so that I can get things done. He went to Sam's Club and had just buckled Lauren into her car sear. As he walked around the car, he made a funny face and was making funny noises at Lauren. Lauren said to him. "Daddy-you look like a funny {something he couldn't understand}." Chad replied, "A funny sock? (because that is what he thought she said) What is that Lauren?"
Lauren-"Oh I don't know daddy. You put it on your feet and walk around with it. No a funny SHARK."
Umm, sarcastic much? Funny girl.

Last night after I tucked Lauren into bed and read her books, I took a deep breath and sunk into the couch, ready for hours of mindless entertainment. Just as I finished settling in, Lauren started crying from her room. With a groan, I got up and walked down the hall into her room. "What's wronge baby girl?" I asked her. She pointed a shaky finger at the wall at an ant. "Mommy, there is a dangerous bug. Get it." Feeling relived that it wasn't a spider, I picked up one of her books and smashed the ant. All that remained was a smear on the wall. Lauren studied that little smear. She pointed to it and asked "Is that it's bum?"
"Maybe, yeah, it might be." I replied.
She looked at me so full of shock and said, "Mommy! You killed it! How could you?"
Yep, I read books, wipe snotty noses and I murder ants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are some pretty cute pictures.