Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Las Vegas

I am going to give this going private thing a couple of weeks to give everyone who wants to be invited to view my blog a chance to let me know. So if you havn't yet, e mail me at yes.to.the.blog@gmail.com so I can send you an invite. Fair wanrning about this blog post, it could be a long one. Chad and I were going to work at a convention in Las Vegas for AILA, but we couldn't get anyone to watch our kids, so instead Chad worked and I played. I still went to Vegas, we just took Lauren and Vin with us. We stayed at the Saharah, which Chad called a "dive", but I thought that that was being to generous. I think they should change the name to Pot-Head Paradise and hire Joe Bong to run the front desk. I didn't want my kids to walk on the carpet without socks on. It was bad. But what can you do. We were somewhere different. I didn't have dishes to clean or laundry to do, so who am I to complain? Chad and I went to Las Vegas for our honeymoon and it just seemed different to me. I think that having kids makes you look at things differently. Vegas just seemed like a dirty cesspool. I was just hoping that there minds were still too young and innocent to really process half of the stuff that they were looking at. But, whatever, we still had fun. DAY ONE: We droped off Chad at the Palazzo and went to the M&M store. I know, don't I look lovely in my glasses? Lauren and Evan look cute though and that is what matters. While we were there, we watched this 3-D cartoon movie thingy. "I lost my M in Las Vegas". I know, pretty chessy right. But the kids loved it. While we were waiting for the movie to start, they asked if there was anyone who wanted to sing for some candy. Lauren heard the call of candy and couldn't help herself. She walked right up to the microphone and started singing. It was so super cute! The video is super dark, but you get to hear her cute little voice. I don't think that there is a better sound in the whole world to me then my little babies voices.
After the M&M store, we took a tram over to the Mandalay Bay Cassino at went to the Shark Reef Aquarium. It was really cool. I had fun. Lauren loved it, and Evan was afraid again. He is so sensitive, I love it. It was alot of fun. I was amazed at how many different kinds of sea animals they had. It was pretty cool. After the aquarium, we went to Denny's for lunch. I know how crazy-we go all the way to Las Vegas where they have amazing resturants, and we go to Denny's. But Denny's doesn't cost $20.00 a person. Evan didn't want me to take a picture of him. He kept turning his face. By this time, he was so tired. After lunch, we walked around the Venetian. And Evan fell asleep in his stroller. Lauren was afraid of the Living Statue guy. She begged and begged to take a picture with him, and then when the time came, she got stage fright and made me come up with her. It was time to go back to our hotel "Hash Heaven", oh I mean the Saharah. Now, what do you do when you are stuck in a hotel room with nothing to do and no toys to play with...
...leave it to my easy going little boy to find fun in an ice bucket. Or then there is always the possiblility of Lauren body slamming Evan. It doesn't seem like a good time to me, but Lauren loved it.

And that was the end of Day one. I told you this was a long one. I am not done yet. You should take a break and go get yourself some pop corn, or maybe a soda.


DAY TWO:

We started out day two much the same as day one. We droped off Chad at the Palazzo so that he can make money while we set off to spend a little of it. We went to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. Lauren and Evan were so nervous. It took them almost untill the very end untill they figured out that the Wax people wern't real.


Somebody help, Brad and Angalina are trying to adopt my baby!! (Wah Wah Waah)


My little biker boy.




I love how terrified Evan looks in this picture. It is so cute, I had to take a close up of him.

Madana's new back up dancers. I hope she doesn't make them wear a cone bra.



After the wax museum, we went back to Denny's for lunch again. Yummy greasy food.


After lunch, we headed over to the Mirage hotel where we saw the white tigers and some dolqhins. Lauren loved the dolphins. I didn't get good pictures of them, but I got some cute ones of my kids.



You would think that we would be all done and we would go back to "Toker Towers" and call it a day, but nope. The day before when we were at the Venetian, Lauren saw the Gondalas that floated down the center of the Venetian. She heard them sing and she wanted to ride one. That is all she talked about after she saw it. She said that she wanted the "gondals" to sing to hear. Apperently, they are from the pages of Lord of the Rings. So I decided to make one last stop on our power tour of Las Vegas, and suprise Lauren with a gondala ride. Evan, of course, fell asleep.
Here they are waiting in line.




And here we are on the ride. I love how Evan is just passed out. He is totally zonked. There was no waking him. It was so cute.


After the Gondala ride, we picked up Chad from work and went to dinner with Chad's family and some of the other people that work on conventions. I didn't have my camera, but it was fun. We then went back to our hotel "Prostitute's Palace" and went to sleep.

The next day we packed up and drove home. Phew! We jammed alot of activities into two days of vacay. It was exhusting, but alot of fun too. The day after we got back, Evan woke up two hours later then his usually time, took a six hour nap (no exageration) and still went to bed at his normal time. He was worn out! And although it is so good to get away for a couple of days, it is also so very nice to come home.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

I have a lot of fun childhood memories of Vegas . . . but it's funny, 'cause we stopped there last month with my whole family, including my sister's husband who had never been, and he was SHOCKED and HORRIFIED by all of it, and our family was kinda like, "Um, it didn't used to be this bad . . . " and "Well, if you just ignore that part . . ." But if you stick with the family friendly things you can have a lot of fun! It's just getting harder to ignore the other crap now that I have kids! :-)

Rachael said...

Every-time Jesse and I leave Utah to venture out and visit another city, I find that everywhere we go is very dirty. It makes me so happy and appreciative for Utah. And the protective bubble that Utah gives us.

Keri said...

Oh I love Vegas! It looks like it was so much fun!

Dennis and Calena said...

That looks like you guys had so much fun!

Melanie said...

We were thinking of going to Vegas during spring break, but we weren't sure about it with the kids. But it looks like you guys made it there and back okay and had a great time! Glad you had fun!

Missy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love the Picture with Hugh Hefner. Hey make sure to add us to your list so we can view your blog missyandcade@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun! good for you guys! ;)

Kayli said...

Wow, it sounds like you guys had fun and did a lot in 2 days! Who is the pic of the wax guy at the wax museum with the cowboy hat on, he looks a lot like Uncle Robert, seriously! Anyway cute pics, I love the ones where Evan is sleeping, he is so sweet!

Michelle said...

What cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun trip!