Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sisters

I saw pictures of Chad's sisters before I ever met them. (All except Kari, of course.) When I looked at the faded photograph, all I saw was, model model and an other model. I was so nervous to meet them. I mean, I loved Chad. At this point, we had been dating for awhile. But what do you do if your boyfriends family doesn't like you? I was nervous. Chad loves his sisters and was full of praise about them. I was soooo nervous. We pulled up to Shari's house and Chad stoped the car. Did I mention that I was a little bit nervous? I knew that Chad's whole family was waiting in there to meet this girl that Chad had been dating in California. All they knew of me was what Chad had told them (and Kari, of course). But love is blind. What if they didn't like the way I talked, or laughed, or smelled? What if they didn't like red heads? People didn't still believe that red heads were witches, right? I don't even own a broom! I mean that is all mid-evil? Chad got out of the car and walked over to open my door. This was it. No turning back. I could fake a fall, or get suddenly overwhelmed by a massive headache. What are the chances that I would have contracted malaria since earlier that morning? But with Chad's hand strongly gripping mine, I knew I could do it. And I did. We opened Shari's door to a room full of warm hearts and open arms. I felt like I was home. And I felt like I was with family, and I was. Chad's sisters are kind hearted and so genuine. They are warm and open. Their movie star good looks are just reflections of their hearts. I could rhapsodize their charactor for pages, but I won't. I didn't know then how much I would need there conection untill years later. They cry when I am hurt and worry for my welfare. They are full of sincere joy at my accomplishments. They fill a hole that wasn't there the night I met them, but was formed just a couple years after. I feel like to call them in-laws would to be doing them an injustice. I love them, for they are my sisters. I knew right away that Chad was for me. Do you believe in love at first sight? No, I didn't either-untill I met Chad. I know I am supose to be his wife. And I know that I was supose to have three beautful women as my sisters. Sometimes you are born into a family, and sometimes you make one. And if you are really lucky, you get to join one. Family is a subjective word to me. The ties that bind arn't always blood, but love.

I totally stole this picture off of Kari's facebook (hehe, thanks Kari :)). From right to left: Shari, Kari, and Traci. I am completly the daisy when I stand next to these roses! Thank you guys for making me feel like I have a family. I love you.

3 comments:

Keri said...

They are all pretty but I've always thought you were gorgeous Melissa. But I do know what it's like to have a sister in law that is the rose and me just the daisy! My sister in law is just that. And perfectly skinny (like you) and everybody comments on how skinny and gorgeous she is. Except we aren't close like you are. She is bratty really. So it kinda brings me down. I'm glad you have the family you married in to. It's refreshing to see that it's not always what you picture...Love your posts!

Our Story said...

You are funny melissa. You know the whole time we were in High school together that I felt that I was the daisy of our group and that everyone else was and still is prettier then I am. Not only in looks but in spirit.

You are and always have been beautiful. And you just add to your family. Your a wonderful person.

Traci said...

Oh Melissa...you are way too kind! We love you and are so happy to have you in our family! And we are ALL roses! Silly girl you are so beautiful!