Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lauren and Evan


LAUREN-ISUMS:

I tell Lauren all the time that I love her daddy. The other day, we were all hanging out in our bed and I said, "Lauren I love your daddy." She retorted, "He is my daddy, I love him." Then I said, "But I love him too, can't we share?" To which she answered, "No, he is my daddy. You have your own daddy and his name is Grandpa."



Last week, I was crying to Chad over my mom. It is something I do at least once a month. When Lauren can up to me and put her skinny little arms around my neck and said, "Don't worry Mommy. I will be your Mommy." Sooo sweet!



My cousin is getting a divorce. So sad, I think. Divorce is so hard, even if the reasons for it are right, it doesn't make it easy. Anyway, we were meeting him and his two super cute girls at the mall to give them a toy that we had multipule of. Lauren is a typical toddler in the fact that she has a hard time sharing. She didn't want to give up this toy. We then explained that their mommy and their daddy don't live in the same house anymore and the mommy doesn't love the daddy anymore. So if we could give these little girls this toy that they can play with when they visit their daddy, it might make them feel happy. Lauren listened so carfully. You could see the wheels turning in her head. Then she had a light bulb moment, "I know Mommy. I will give those girls fairy dust and it will make there mommy love there daddy again. And they will be all better." So sweet and so simple the world of a four year old!! And when we did see my cousin at the mall, Lauren kept trying to put "fairy dust" in the little girl's pockets. I love my sweet sweet little girl.


Ok, last one! I was watching this DVD called 'The Dutchess" and Lauren was watching it with me. She calls it "the movie with the girl with all the pretty dresses." She is so funny. Anyway, at one point she wanted to know why the girl was crying and I said "her husband is not very nice to her." Lauren got all worried and said, "No thats not right. He is her prince. She is his princess." I said "Sometimes when you get married, it isn't always good." And then she said. "But they are best friends." She was so disturbed by the fact that they wern't friends that she went to her room to pout. It was way cute. Chad and I really are best friends and we tell each other so all the time. So it is so cute that Lauren feels that anyone who is married are best friends.

EVAN:

Evan is such a goofy boy lately. It is so funny to watch his personality come to life. The really funny thing that he has developed lately is he does like this little down ward facing dog pose from yoga. He will peek out from inbetween his legs and wave to us. It is so cute. And if I tell him to do it again, he does it right away.


This is him grabing his bread inbetween his legs. He is soo funny.


Now for some sad news. At least hard for me. Evan has to go into primary childrens hospital on thursday for a little out patient surgery. And it really isn't life threatening or serious, but it still is scary for me. His circumsion wasn't done right, so they are going to have to redo it. Evan already crys when we go to a doctor's office, and we don't give our kids shots! So can you imagine what it will be like after his second circumsion!! Poor kid. I am actually a nervous wreck right now. All I can think about is my poor little sweet sensitive funny boy in pain.


In the grand sceem of things, this little surgery is really nothing. But my baby boy is everything to me. He has the cutest belly laugh that starts deep with in him and just skips through out the room. He has such a soft and tender heart. He loves animals and lights up when ever he is near one.


The logical part of me knows that all will be well. The mom in me just doesn't want to break his heart. I am afraid that he will fell betrayed by me, like I just left him alone to be cut up by some crazy looking man in a white coat and mask. But that is just my emotions talking. They talk alot. All my logic gets drowned out by my emotions. Logic tell me that he won't remember my betrayl. Then Emotions pipes in and says-at least I hope not.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Don't worry! (I know that as a parent that sentence probably means nothing. It's impossible not to worry, right?) The staff at Primary's is AMAZING!!! Jack had a surgery there nearly 2 years ago and stayed there for a week. Even though it was one of the hardest things I've done as a parent, I was so impressed with the doctors and nurses who attend to the parents almost as much as the children. We stayed with Jack right until he was wheeled into surgery room (it wasn't dramatic because he was already asleep so he didn't know we weren't there) and then we were called in as soon as they finished and were there when he woke up from surgery. Jack's 100% better and his scar is barely visible any more. One of the male nurses even assisted a blessing right before he went into the surgery room, which was very comforting. I know it's scary none the less, but hopefully that gives you some comfort. He'll be in the best of hands!

Collings Family said...

Melissa those Lauren isms are so cute! I love those jammies on Evan, they bring back so many memories. So sorry I forgot to bring the Chicken Divan by today! Don't know what's wrong with me!

Dennis and Calena said...

How adorable Melissa!

CSC Digital Media said...

Melissa, remember the movie Stepmom with Susan Surrandon and Julia Roberts? Susan and Julia meet in a restaraunt and Susan says "I lost Joshua once" and Julia says "He never said anything"
and Susan says "He only remembers me finding him." Evan will only remember you and Chad being there afterward, holding and kissing him.
Trust me Melissa, He will only remember the feeling of being loved. Love, Mom2

The Benoits said...

What the heck? The mama bear in me would be upset with the doc who did it wrong in the first place and making my baby go thru a surgery that wouldn't be necessary if things had been done right the first time...ok...i'm off my soapbox. He is so young he really won't remember a thing except the love that he already feels from you. Everything will be ok, it will be harder on you than him.

Rachael said...

You have very funny and very silly kids! You life seems to go about the same as mine. Never boring and always unpredictable!

John and Sherri said...

Love the update! Kids are great! Good luck with Evan- I'm sure all will be well. Probably harder for you than him! Keep us posted.

Keri said...

Lauren is so cute and smart! I love her 'isums!
And Evan - so fun and smiley!

Rachael said...

I have just tagged you on a post. Please go to my blog and read the rules.

Michelle said...

Your kids are sooo cute! I love all the pictures. Good luck with Evan's surgery. :)