Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve



I love Christmas time. There are so many reasons to love this time of year. I havn't really felt like it is Christmas though. All of my 10 readers will know this, but every year we generally all pile into our Mazda and brave the icy roads to sunny California. We couldn't make it this year, which has been sad for us. We have never had a Christmas day in our whole marrage that didn't end up at the beach after all the gift giving. And Lauren has had all of her birthdays in California. But even so, me being a glass-is-half-full kind of a person, we had a fun Christmas season.

When I was a little girl, every Christmas Eve we got to open one gift that was from my Grandma Bruun. That gift was always Jammies, and we always wore our Christmas Jammies to bed that night. It is a fun tradition and I have wanted to keep it going in our little family. And thanks to couple of sweet elves, we were able to.


Lauren opening up her Christmas Jammies.


Evan opening his Christmas Jammies. And then of course they had to change into them right away! They played for the rest of the night and looked so cute in their new jammies untill it was time for bed.



Later that night, it was time for bed. Christmas Eve is the one night each year that I have no problem getting Lauren to bed. I went to check in on them to make sure they were asleep so that I could get all the presants under the tree. Oh my gosh, they looked so cute!

Lauren has been sleeping in her rose petal cottage lately. She looks so cute in that tiny little cottage with all her books surrounding her.

I love how sweet and innocent they look while they sleep. With not a care in the world in their tiny little heads. To me, it is what peace looks like.

1 comment:

Collings Family said...

Chloe got the same jammies! We have the same tradition. Lookin good girl in your work uniform!