Friday, January 16, 2009

My Babies..

I havn't bloged lately. I guess it has hit me hard that my kids really are growing and growing fast. When Lauren had her 4th birthday, it really reinforced that idea. Next year she will be in school. I only have a small amount of time left where she will beg me to play with her, or read her books. And Evan! The kid is getting big! He is already 16 months old! The time has just gotten away from me. So I took a blogging holiday to really drink in my kids. Their innocence and their light, their laughter and their tears. I want to hold on to each and every moment. I am fine with them growing up, I just don't want to miss it.

Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait till tomorow
For babies grow up,
we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs
dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby,
and babies don't keep.


Lat night I was reading "Oh the Places You Will Go" by Dr.Suess to Lauren. And the end of the book it says
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)
KID YOU WILL MOVE MOUNTAINS!"
I looked and Lauren and said, "You can move mountains too, if you want to"
She said "No, I'm too little" Then I pointed out the little boy in the book and said "So is he." Lauren then thought for a minute, you could totally see the wheels turning in her head. Then she said, "I am going to need a rope."

Evan is always destroying things! He is so funny. I have decided that it is a good thing that we don't have the money for nice things, that way I really could care less when my little kid distructo hits! All I do is grab the camera instead. He is so mischevious! I should put together all of his misadventures and post it all. One good thing about my whirling dirvish is that he is always keeping me on my toes! What a sweet cute little boy!


They are such funny kids. They are creative and smart. I really believe that they can do anything and I want to instill that confidence in them. Because..

They have brains in their heads and feet in their shoes, and they can steer themselves wherever they choose!




So please excuss me from my neglectful blogging efforts. I have had more important things to do this past week :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You are such a cute Mom :)! And you're kids are pretty dang cute too!

Rachael said...

Yeah... Hayden is a little Tazmainian devil also. So every time I buy something nice that I love and he destroys it, I kick myself.

I also love that book, Jesse's parent gave it to him as a graduation present. I thought that was a good idea so I'm planning on giving one to each of my kids when they graduate.

Jill said...

Watch for the same kind of post on my blog. I've been gathering all my kids' pictures that have destruction in them! I love that poem too. So sweet and so true!

Keri said...

I love that picture of you and Lauren up close - you both look like princess'.

The Gurrrrr's said...

What a fun post! You know I feel the same! :)