Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pink Trampolines and Play time






Every now and then, a moment comes along that you would wish would last forever. When I dated Chad, I had hoped that he would be a good dad. But lets face it, when you are blinded by the hormonal surge of new love, it is hard to see past the butterflys in the stomache. Some people come away from their first year of marraige a little stuned at what they got themselves into. I am lucky. My stunned astonishment was not because I was disappointed in what I had to look at when I opened my eyes in the morning, but quit the opposite. I love that every morning I am greeted with the sight of my best friend laying beside me. I love Chad more today then I did when I said I do. And he is a wonderful daddy. His little girl is so sure that he hangs the moon out into the sky everynight to shine on her as she sleeps. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I should just shut my mouth and let you see for yourself the love a little girl holds in her heart for her daddy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the last picture of Lauren and Chad, that is sooo cute!

Kelly said...

Melissa you are a phenomenal writer! You should seriously start writing books, poems, or whatever! You put things into words, I feel I could never explain so well! WOW! I do love that last picture, definitely a kandid moment!