Wednesday, August 20, 2008



LAUREN: My little blonde Fancy Nancy. She prances around the house with a song dancing off her lips. She grandly enters the room every five minutes in a diffrent princess outfit. She watchs out for her little brother and crys when she thinks he is hurt. She terrorizes the poor cats by using them as pillows. And she chases Radley around the house trying to give the poor dog a make over. She demands to be read to and messes up her room 5 minutes after it has been cleaned. Her heart is so pure and she loves so honestly. She is the best of me and I am in awe of her goodness on a daily basis.
Evan: He is a cuddler. His smile is so quick and genuine. His laugh starts out deep in his belly and scatters like chimes into the room. You can't help but being affected by its magical sound and add your laughter to it too. His dimples and rolls are full of love. And I get to hold that buddle full of love anytime I want to. I see Chad in his eyes and myself in his smile. He is a mirror of all that Chad and I are.
They are my life made from my love for Chad. They breath and laugh and love and sing and sigh, all because one day in institute some girl asked Chad if he liked my hair. And arn't I so blessed that he did. They are my kids. More apart of me then I could have imagined. When they hurt, I hurt. When they cry, I cry. When they laugh, I laugh. When they smile I smile. I never thought it possible. How can a mother leave the room when her child crys out? Is it really possible that even though your child is made from you, that you can't even see yourself in their eyes? I don't understand the probablity of it. Lauren likes root beer, and I hate it. But when she looks at me, the sun shines from her eyes. We don't have to agree. We don't have to like the same things. As she grows from a tenatious little toddler into a crabby teenager, I have no doubt that there will be many disagreements. We don't always have to see eye to eye, just as long as our hearts are on the same page. My heart will always follow my children where ever life takes them. They carry a little piece of my heart in there heart. I would say that all I want for Lauren and Evan is happiness, but that is not enough. I want them to know that they are my little treasures, and I will always ALWAYS cherish them. I have found my family. Sometimes you have to make one to find one.

4 comments:

Kalynne said...

I love reading your blog! You are soo good with words. I love how you express yourself and your love for your family. Way cute kids by the way!

Collings Family said...

I love those pictures! What cuties!

Michelle said...

How precious! Your little Lauren and Evan are so darling! It was good seeing you yesterday at the pool, that was fun! I love your writing, I've told you that a million times, but I really do!

Unknown said...

I like your hair too. =) Your kids are adorable. Kisses to them from their 2nd cousin, once removed, or something like that.