Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jon and Kate, Thank you!!


The noise, the whinning, the constant chaos. That is motherhood! From the moment I wake up to the time I go to bed (and sometimes, in the darkness of the inbetween time), I am running and working. I once told my dad that I proboly couldn't tell you what I do exactly in the course of one day, but I know for sure that I don't get a chance to sit down. And I only have two kids. I love the TLC show Jon and Kate plus eight. Kate is my parenting guru. I am not organized, creative, or clean. (I can't for the life of me keep up on housework. I am clean, just not put away) I don't honestly know how she does it. I really think that we are given all what we can handle. I definatly could not handle six-three year olds. I can barley handle one! Chad and I were watching an episode last night where all eight of there kids were whinning at the exact same time. All I could do is laugh. It made me feel so much better about my life! Lauren may whine (and she is a champion whiner. I say, go with your talent. And she definatly has a talent for it!) but I only have one. I don't get it from all sides. So here is a shout out to Kate, and for that matter, all the mothers of toddlers out there. I feel your pain and I know your struggles. We are not alone. Motherhood is not and easy job. But look at the rewards. If you are feeling not so hot, maybe like you are stuck in a perpetual grounds hog day senerio, take a good look at your kids. Weather they are playing, sleeping, or fighting. You made that little monster! They have your eyes, your smile, your hair, your heart. I want a pause button on life so badly. I want to slow down this magical time with Lauren and Evan. I want them to cry over dumb things and cry loundly at that. One day there tears will come for more heartbraking reasons. So cry on my little ones. Because like that Country song reminds us, your gonna miss this.





3 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so... True. Kimberly is screaming right now, for not aparent reason. But who am I to stop her melt -down. Kids just have to be who they are.

Collings Family said...

I can so relate! You know I'm their biggest fan! Love those pictures of the kids.

Michelle said...

It's so true... sometimes being a mom is tough but it's so worth it and our kids only stay little for so long. I wish I could slow it down too!... I remember right before I had Colby I was worried about being able to handle having a baby and then I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 and I felt a lot better about just having one. Geez, if they can handle eight little kids I should be able to handle one! :)