Friday, September 7, 2012

My new Goal...More blogging!!

I just realized that it has been 7 months...SEVEN...since I last blogged. There is good reason for the lapse. A lot was going on. I was working and adjusting to a new little guy in our house, and the real reason...I just got a little lazy. But the other night, Lauren pulled out our blog book that I made a couple years ago. Our one and only blog book. I was looking at the pictures and pages and reading all of my mommy mussings and it made me think. There is no record for our family for these past months, and only sporadic record keeping for the past couple of years. I miss my kids being so young and they grow so fast. It's like I blink and Lauren is all ready to cool for me and Evan has learned how to talk back. Reece is growing like a weed and he is into everything.
My life is chaotic and so full of life and every turn, but one day these little midgets will be grown and gone and hopefully trying to rein in the chaos at their own homes with their own nuggets running the show. So while I have these wonderful years with my little ones, I think it is important to make sure all of there comings and goings, their triumphs and defeats, there goodness and their curiosity should be recorded. So, having said that, I am setting a new goal. I am going to blog at least once a week. I need to capture these amazing days so I can keep them close to my heart and never forget. Sometimes, between the dirty diapers and the screaming kids, I forget how precious these days are. But every now and then, I get a messy sticky kiss on the cheek, or a fist full of dandelions to remind me just how amazing these little people are and how privileged I am to be their mommy.

No comments: