Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Evan's the big 0-5!!

Evan turned the epic age of 5 today. Not gonna lie, sometimes I wondered if he would make it. This kid has a talent for tripping, dropping, or exploring into anything remotely dangerous. He has defiantly kept me on my toes. For instance, when about 6 months ago, he wanted to test the electricity in our socket in the upstairs bathroom...with a pair of tweezers!!!
I have utter the phrase with eyes facing Heaven and hands shaking in totally surender "I am never going to have anything nice!! EVER!!"...possibly three times a day thanks to my little tornado. But given all of the spilled drinks and broken glass that are in his wake, he has the biggest heart of any kid I have ever met. He is a lover of nature and anyone who resides in the animal kingdom.
He has an amazing belly laugh and smiling Irish eyes. You can't listen to the glint of his laughter and ignore it. It begs to be laughed with, no matter the joke. He is full of love and laughter. He has such a tender soul and a giving heart. I have never had to teach him to share. He was born just knowing how. He is the first to cuddle with you if your crying and if he found out that he hurt your feelings, he crys right along with you. He is very generous with his possessions and his love. He is a giver in the truest form of the word. And our house is a better place because his voice is part of it's soundtrack.
We went to Applebee's, just like we do every year, to celebrate. I just love him!!
Some of Evan's Favorite things at the age of 5 are: I Pads, Spiderman, Batman, Ironman, Cereal, Green Ice Cream, Parks, Buzz Lightyear, The Beach, The Mountains, Cows and Dogs Cats, Bunnies, Even Lions, Comic Books, Vampire Diarys, The Bouncy House, and Laughing.
Some of Evan's Dislikes at the age of 5: I only don't like one thing, I don't like hot stuff. Oh yeah, and mean people, you know, like Bad guys.
Man I sure do love this kid. I don't need nice things when I got such a nice kid. Happy Birthday Bud!
And this picture has nothing to do with Evan's birthday except that it was taken at Applebee's on his birthday. I was trying to get a picture of me and Reece when Reece saw himself in the camera. I just love his reaction to him. He is the funniest baby that he knows. I love my life, seriously could it get any better?

2 comments:

Jill said...

When you left that status on facebook about family not being there I felt super bad! I'm so sorry for your immediate family situation, but I'm part of your family too, and keep saying that we need to get together and still haven't, so I know I'm part of that and am sorry! We do need to let our kids play and catch up sometime!!

Anyways, I was going to write on your facebook that I miss checking your blog and reading about your family, and lo and behold, you started blogging again before I got the chance!

Evan is darling, Happy Birthday!! Five is a fun fun age!

PS- How do you make those cute photo collages?

John and Sherri said...

Welcome back to the blogging world, I have missed you! I, as always, love your way of putting thoughts into words- I read your posts over and over again- wish I could say it so beautifully! Can't believe how your family is growing, love the updates!