Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Some more Funny Lauren sayings, and Evan's hair cut



Look how funny my little girl is!! Haha. Chad got out the camera, and then Lauren just started posing! She is funny. My four year old-look out 'America's Next Top Model' Lauren is in the house!!

To go along with her silly little personality, here are a couple of funny things she has said in the past little while.

BACKSTORY: We went to Best buy to look at some stuff for Chad's computer so he can play all his games better. Like a gaming mouse and stuff like that. While we were there, we also played around. We were checking sound silencing head phones. Lauren tryed them on.

LAUREN: Daddy, say something (shouting it out, because if she can't hear anything then neither can we, so she has to shout. I think the whole store heard her. It was funny)

CHAD: Hi baby girl.

LAUREN: (laughing) Daddy you have no voice in your throat.

BACKSTORY: Lauren and I were cuddling on the couch.

LAUREN: Mommy I want to sit on a star.

ME: If you want to, then one day you can.

LAUREN: I want to sit on the moon too. And I want to make a sand castle out of moon dust. Can we make a rocket ship today?

Funny girl! She always says such cute things and in a really poetic way. She has a big vocabulary. Chad and I have never talked baby talk to her or simplified our sentences for her. I think that that helped her know the meaning of big words and to use them right. And it makes for the cutest conversations! To hear her use her big words in her little voice is so cute.

BACKSTORY: Lauren is in trouble, and time out has not done a thing to bring back my well behaved sweet tempered little angel. So I try something new, I decided to comendear her princess dress (snow white, her favorite one that Grandma Rita got her)

ME(reaching into her closet and pulling out her dress): Lauren, this is now mine.
LAUREN(through tears): But Mommy, it doesn't fit you.

Evan's hair has been getting long, and I have been putting off going into getting it cut because it is alot of money and it grows so fast. So instead, I bought some clippers at wal-mart and decided to try and do it myself. I figured that if I totally botched it, I could just shave his whole head. After all, he is a boy. I would never try and cut Lauren's hair, no way. I tryed to cut Chad's hair for him when we were first married and it looked so terrible!! I would post those pictures, but I love Chad to much to subject him to that humiliation. I will just leave it up to your imagination.

Here is his before picture.

And here are his after pictures. He looks like such a punk. I love it! This picture makes me laugh. When I look at these pictures, I remember Evan's helmet he had to wear. It was totally worth all the money and the drives to Salt Lake. His head is perfectly round. I love it. I couldn't do this haircut otherwise.

I think that I did a pretty good job for my first time :) Hopefully I should just keep on getting better at it. I still am never going to touch Lauren's hair. I will leave that up to the professionals.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

What a cute little girl, and may I also say what a handsome little guy you have. They are both little heart brakers.

Hilary said...

They are so cute!
I am always amazed at the vocabulary some little kids have, and how amazingly they verbalize their world! She's a cutie!

Kelly said...

Evan's hair looks so cute! I cut Wilson's hair all the time. It really saves a lot of money considering Wilson loves his hair short and it grows so fast!

Keri said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE Evan's hair. It's so stinking cute! I had to laugh when Lauren said that the snow white dress didn't fit you! :)

Michelle said...

Once again I love the silly things Lauren says! Evan's haircut looks awesome. How cute! Good job Melissa! :)

Unknown said...

So...Here's my thoughts. When you come down in December, we need to go to Disneyland. It's time. And we have plenty of time to save up for the trip. And if anyone asks what our kids want for Christmas, we'll say that they can donate to the "Awesome Time At Disneyland Fund". Sound good?

The Gurrrrr's said...

Good job with the hair... lovin' the dress comment. Kids are the best... usually! :)

Dennis and Calena said...

He looks so different with the new hair cut!! What a grown up little man!