Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mimi was here


This past weekend was so much fun for Lauren! Mimi came to visit from California. Mimi is Chad's step-mom, but we don't like to call her that. Step-mom makes me think of a crazy jelous hag who locks you in the tallest tower and feeds you poisionous apples. So we call her mom #2 or Mimi instead. She decorates the tallest tower for you and feeds you chinease food and steaks so that you end up gaining 10 lbs after a two day visit. Anyway, Lauren was counting down the days untill Mimi came. I had to tell her how many "naps" she had to take untill Mimi came. On the way to the airport Lauren kept saying things like "this is such a happy day" "this is a glittery day" "Oh what a shiney magical day". My favorite is when she said "clearly, this is a good day." We had a lot of fun with Mimi and I am so glad that we were lucky enough to have her stay at our house. Evan just loved having her here too. I loved it because Evan is such a little crack up. He is so charming and such a funny little kid, but nobody sees it to much because he is afraid of the human race. But since Debbie was here for two whole days, Evan came out of his shell and Mimi was able to see his cute personality. The first night, we went to ABC Manderin for some Chinese with Chad's older sister Shari and her cute kids. Shari's kids didn't know that Mimi was in town. It was fun to see there faces as we pulled up with Mimi in the car! They were so surprised!








I love hanging out with John and Shari! Every time I see them latley though, I can't believe how big their kids are! When I first met Chad, they were 6,4, and 2 years old. Now Sammie is looking so much like a teenager, so tall and pretty. Rylie also gets prettier everytime I see her, and Dallin (oops, D.J now) is racing motor cycles and getting really fast. That night at dinner he brought a trophy that he had won in a race just that day. I can't believe how big they are! It just makes me realize how fast my own kids will grow. Before I know it, it will be Lauren who is looking more and more like a teenager! Ahh, I gotta stop thinking about it, I am freaking myself out! The next night, Debbie took us to Lonestar Steak house on our way to drop her off at the airport.





And then it was time to take her to the airport and say good-bye. We need to live closer to Mimi and Pop Pop so we can stop saying good-bye so much! It was so great to have her here and we truely hope that she can come and visit our house again soon. Lauren has been talking about it ever since she was here.


Taking pictures of Mimi, Lauren and Evan outside of Lonestar.



Here is Lauren dancing around at the drop-off area at the airport. Lauren is dancing all the time everywhere. If anyone knows of a good place to take dance lessons, let me know. We did the terrece school of music and dance, but they really didn't teach her anything. Let me know if anyone knows of a good place.




We love you Mimi and we can't wait to see you again soon. We can't wait untill Vegas! Lauren just told me to tell you "I lobe mimi the best that I can to make your heart loved the best." And that is a direct quote because she is sitting right next to me as I write this. Love you so much :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute! That's fun that "Mimi" came to visit! Sounds like you guys had a great couple of days!

kristy said...

ha, Lauren has such a funny personality and quite the vocabulary! Her hair is always done up so cute!

kristy said...

(this is Jill)

Rachael said...

Looks like TONS of fun! Lauren's so cute!