Friday, May 22, 2009

Living Planet Aquarium

On monday, we had an electrian at our house from 8 in the morning to 8 at night. All day without electricity! I didn't want to be stuck in the house all day long. So I packed up the kids and we drove all the way to Sandy to go to the Living Planet Aquarium. I have wanted to go there for so long, but never really had the chance. It was fun, but I think that I really won't go again. It is such a long drive for what they have there. If I lived in Salt Lake then I think I would go more often. In 30 min, we were done and had seen everything. Having said that, we still enjoyed it and I am glad that we went. Poor sensitive Evan was terrified the whole time! It was cute! (I think that my little boy being scared is cute! What kind of mom am I?)

Lauren got soo excited when she saw "Nemo". She kept asking "Nemo, where is your daddy?" Funny girl.

Because I am his Mom, and I know him, I can see fear in his face in this picture. He is so sweet. Lauren noticed how scared Evan was and grabed his hand and told him "It's Ok Buddy. Lauren is here." How sweet is that!! She is such a good big sister.

Lauren loved the jelly fish. She just stared at them. When I told her it was time to go (because I have a shorter attention span then my four year old) she told me "not now Mommy, the jelly fish are dancing." So what could I do? I had to let her watch the jelly fish dance, even though me and my short attention span was already bored.

An other picture of "terrified Evan"

They had this pool with all of these sting rays swiming around that you could reach in and touch. Part of Lauren wanted to touch one so bad, and the other part was afraid of those alien looking things swimming around. We went back there three times because she really really wanted to touch one. But the fear part of her won out and she never did touch one. But I am proud of her for trying. She kept asking to go back. Good for her! Maybe next time (if there is a next time) she will work up the courage to reach out and touch one of them.


I love this picture of Evan. He always says "Ohhh.." for everything! It is so super cute. He was saying that right when I snaped the picture. I love it because I see this expression on him everyday.

When it was time to go and we were in the parking lot, Lauren grabed Evan's hand again. She is always trying to make sure her little brother is safe. I was trying to take pictures of it as I was walking to our car and looking out for other cars all at the same time. I am multi-fuctional! Anyway, that is why it is a funny angle.

It was fun. It was a long drive there and a long drive back for just 30 min of fun, but I am glad that I went. It beats a day at home with two kids with nothing to do and no electricity!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

My Mom took my kids... She said the same thing. That it wasn't worth the drive.

But I think Ikea is totally worth the drive!! ;)

Hilary said...

They are so cute!
When you live closer, it's worth getting the year pass for like $15 . . . otherwise I can't spend like the $8 a person or whatever to go once!

Collings Family said...

You're right - he is cute even thoug you feel bad that he's scared!

Keri said...

I haven't been, so maybe I'll have to wait since it sounds like it's not worth the drive. Evan is looking so old these days! :)

Dennis and Calena said...

I never even knew there was such a place! You know all the good spots!