Saturday, May 21, 2011

Catching up..

I have been wanting to blog for awhile. It seems like it is all feast of famine when it comes to blogging with me. I either have nothing going on and therefore, nothing of note to blog about; or my life is so busy that I have no time to blog. It has been one of those weeks.

The day before Reece was born, Lauren had a field trip to the Tree House Museum. I so was not in the mood to go. I was contracting, my back and ribs hurt, and I was so tired. But I did realize that I have only a few years left where Lauren will even want me to show up at her school. Soon she will be soooo embarrassed by her mom who still wears converse. So I pulled it together and went, and I am glad I did. I love my little girl and it was fun to see her interact with all her cute little friends.

Here she is with her friends Marley and Mikey.


They play so cute together!


Evan put this whole puzzle together without any help. I was so impressed! Way to go Buddy.

The day after Reece was born, Lauren had her performance of Alice in Wonderland. She played a Dandelion. I missed it, which was a bummer. I so wanted to see it. I was still in the hospital with my newest little guy. Chad said she did amazing. She knew all her lines and said them like a pro. She remembered all her cues. I wish it was on a different day. At the end, they gave her a mini Oscar with their names on it and I made sure Chad got Laruen some flowers.


Yesterday, Lauren's Kindergarten class did a little end of the year performance. Evan and I made it while Chad stayed home with Reece. She was so stinkin' cute up there!! I love watching her little mile stones and accomplishments. I want her to just have as much fun out of life as she can. Suck it up like marrow from a bone. She deserves all that life can give her.





Yesterday, Chad build a tool box with Evan. Evan loves tools and love to build. He is so proud of his tool box and carries it around everywhere.


When he was done, I wanted to take a picture of him with his tool box, but he wanted Lauren in the picture with him. It was way cute.



I need to remember that when they do have their moments when they argue, I am still a lucky mom. They really do love and care for each other. They have each other's back. Their relationship is rare and I really hope that they keep this kind of closeness through out their lives. And that in a nut shell is what has been going on in our lives. I love my kids and I am so grateful that I get to be their mom.

No comments: