Monday, May 23, 2011

1 and a half weeks old, and still the most adorable little man around

Are we just in love with Reece? Heck yes we are! He is such a clam little guy. I was worried beyond belief while I was pregnant with him. I have two little beautys that are angels comparatively speaking. I know that not every child is born the way a mother hopes. I think because I do have an older sister with special needs that I know that the odds are not always stacked up in your favor when you carry an other life inside of you. But then Reece was laid on my chest for the first time. His arms and legs flying in circles as he protested the eviction of his nice warm little cocoon. My heart melted right away. He is here and healthy. I didn't screw up. He is safe and sound. I love my little man. Chad, Lauren and Evan seem to echo my sentiments. I am not sure that there is an other little baby boy alive who isn't more loved on and plaster with kisses then our little Reece is. We sure love that guy.

Here is just a collection of pictures from his first week at home.




It is so cute when he stretches!! He loves to stretch like this. It cracks us up every time.

His first bath at home. He loved it. He just about fell asleep right there in the water.



I think that because this isn't my first rodeo, I totally know just how fast they grow. Before I know it Reece is going to be walking into school on HIS first day of kindergarten, Evan will be a decan, and Lauren will be to busy talking into her cell phone notice much of anything else. So while I have them all young and sweet, I am just going to enjoy them. I haven't read a book in so long, and I no longer have the luxury of just sitting and watching a whole program on T.V. My bed is always filled with one or all of the kids stealing my blankets and using my pillow. The windows are smudged 10 minutes after I clean them and I am never caught up on laundry. And I am enjoying and savoring every single second of it!! I love my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Amber said...

He is so precious and tiny. The picture of Reece stretching is adorable!

Michelle said...

What a precious little guy!!! Congratultions!