Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

I did it!! I remembered this year!! If you remember, last year I totally spaced it. And the fact that Lauren has been reminding me NOT to forget this year like I did last year just might be the reason that I remembered. Who ever said that kids forget have never met Laruen. She has the memory of an elephant. Our Easter extravaganza started Sunday night with Easter egg dying. (I did remember Easter, but I never said I did it on time, opps) This year was so much fun because both Lauren and Evan where way into it. It was cute.








I LOVE THESE KIDS!! How lucky am I!

My theory is, if they don't make a mess then they didn't have fun. So judging by their mess, they had lots of fun!



After they went to sleep, Chad put together their Easter baskets. He wanted to do it like how his mom did it for him. He had such good memories of searching for his basket and just how his mom put it all together. So it was his job to do it. I love it, I thought it was so sweet that he wanted to so badly.


Here is the finished products.

Then we hid the baskets. After Lauren came home from school, we let her and Evan loose on the house to find their baskets. It was cute and fun.
Evan found his first.


After a game of "hot and cold", Lauren found hers too.




I think that this way of doing the baskets was such a hit, they loved it and were so excited. It just might be a tradition that's a keeper.


Oscar was even a fan! But to be fair, Oscar has kind of a sweet tooth. I love my kitty.



(Don't you just love my new kitchen floor, I do..totally off the topic, but I had to point it out). After we got them all high on sugar, we took them outside to hunt for their eggs. I am so impressed with my kids. I love that they spent the whole time helping each other find eggs instead of going all crazy looking for all the eggs for themselves. What sweet hearts I have! It makes me nervous that this little #3 that is cooking is going to be a bit of a hoodlum. Well see, you never can tell.





So Easter might have come a little late this year, but at least it came. And judging by my kids faces, they didn't seem to mind at all.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like your kids had a blast :)! You're such a cute Mom! Love your new kitchen floor, it looks great!! That's scary that you had go to the ER :(. Hope you're feeling better! Let me know if there's anything you need or anything we can help with :).

Unknown said...

So fun. They're getting so big!

John and Sherri said...

Welcome back to blogging! You've been missed. I love your floor- and your pictures are adorable. Glad you had a happy Easter. Can't wait to see the baby! You look amazing:) Wish you felt better.