Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby Shower for Reece

I know that it has been a while since I logged in and posted anything. In lieu of a long post about all my pregnancy aches and pains, let me just say that I have been sick sick sick. And after months and months of marathon vomiting sessions and one ambulance ride later, I think I might just be doing better. Aside from the never abating pain in my back and ribs, life is now taken a level of normalcy. A good little breather before our little guy makes his debut. So instead of dwelling on the negative, I will jump into the positive. My sister was in town not to long ago. After our little Christmas fiasco and the consequential discussion afterward, I really think that she is trying hard to maintain a relationship and not letting the epic guilt trips that my mom can lay on keep her from seeing her sister (me). While she was out, she offered to throw me a baby shower, which is awesome because Chad (brace for a little bit of bad news) just got laid off and we have nothing for a baby. It has been almost 4 years since a little one grew inside of me. So the offer was a good one that I jumped on. I was just nervous that no one would show up, given my history with that side of the family. But in the end, it was a nice turn out. I didn't get to see as many faces as I would have loved to see, but the ones I got to see were such a beautiful site.

Here is me and my super cute sister in law Kari. We are due at the exact same time!! Which is so fun for me. But given that I have a history of going 2-3 weeks early, and she has gone over her due date with her first, chances are that the stork will visit me first. But still, it is going to be fun. She is also having a little guy. I just wish my sweet sister in law lived a little closer.

My ever growing and very cute niece Rylee, my sister in law Shari, and my sister in law Traci. I believe that when we have challenges and trials in our life, we get strength from somewhere else. I might not have the kind of relationship I want with my mom and brother and sisters (although I see a light at the end of the tunnel with Natalie..I am cautiously optimistic.) I have amazing in laws. There hearts are so big and they have loved me through good times and bad. Just being sisters...I am lucky. Because I also have a great Mother in law, Nancy.


I consider myself very lucky all in all. (if I look super uncomfortable in these pictures, there is a good reason, it is because I am.)

And get ready for this family connection...this is my step-mom Rita's mom Judy and Rita's son's wife Sarah...got that. I thought it was so sweet that they came.

My cute cousin's Jennifer and Angie.

More cute cousin's Kayli and Jill. Jill, herself just had a baby 2 weeks prior to the shower, so it really meant so much to me that she would take the time to drive up and come. I miss my family. I wish so much that I could go to family reunions and weddings and showers, but I just can't. I really hope that my family understands my deliema. I really do hope and pray for a change. I wish my mom's heart would be softened and that she will reach some kind of understanding. I wish she could see how much Chad and I love and care for each other and how happy I am in my own home life. I am sad that she had never seen Evan and chances are will not see Reece. It breaks my heart to think of how much she is missing..and for what..to be right? I am more sad for her then I am angry anymore. Any way, I got off track. Check out these cute little baby boys that were there at the shower. It made me really get excited to see my little man.


There is something so sweet about a little baby. There is nothing on this earth more pure and innocent. I can't wait for that same sweet innocence to come home to our house. (which could happen as early as next week..) To hold a little slice of heaven in your arms, is there no greater gift?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish we could have come! Love you guys and miss u.