Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mimi and Pop Pop's, Toys R Us, and In N' Out

Our last day in California, Mimi wanted to take the kids to Toys R Us and spoil them a bit.


Lauren got a toy mixer, microwave, plastic food and a tea set which she has been playing with non stop since we have been home. And Evan got some Buzz Lightyear toys. Which is actually perfect for him since he has been obsessed with Buzz for a while now. He calls him Buzz 'ight-ear.

I love this kid! He is so stinkin' cute! After shopping, we went to a true California gem. In N' Out. Before I met Chad, I would hang out at my friend Greg's house after church. Sometimes with other people, but most of the time, just us. We would wait until 12:01 and then get in the car and drive to In N' Out for a Double Double and fries. We did wait until it was technically Monday. I love that place! It is so yummy!! I always think that maybe it isn't as good as I remember, that it is just all the good memories that make me think the food is so good. But then I take a bite of that yummy cheeseburger and I remember that yes, it is that good.


That night, Chad's dad went to a piano bar and Chad went to Fry's (which is an electronics super store) while I stayed home with Mimi and the kids to get some packing done. Which might sound boring, but it was nice and relaxing after going all week long.



We left the next day to drive back to Utah. Hopefully we will be out again soon this year. Chad's cousin is getting married in October, which I think is a great reason to make the trip out there again.

And here is one last video clip of out trip, just because Lauren is so dang cute. This is the last tunnel through Malibu Canyon on the way to the beach.

2 comments:

marshfam said...

Fun stuff! And YUM! In-n-out really is that good!!

Marian said...

I love the pic of you and Chad at the top of your blog! What a sweet moment.