Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I heart the Beach!

First of all, I got a new camera. Nothing to exciting or expensive, just a small Cannon point and shoot camera. I love my SLR, but I never really took it anywhere because it isn't very portable, and this camera fits nicely into my pocket. Lauren and I broke it in the day we got it.




I love that girl! She is so entertaining :)

We are now in California! I love the air here. That might sound crazy, but I do. I love how the air smells and feels. I love that at night time, it smells like it is going to rain-even though it never really does. But most of all, I love the family I get to hang out with while I am out here. That is why we are here, just for family. Chad's dad had some work for him and I was able to get work off, so it was perfect. Yesterday, we went to Pointe Dume, which has to be the best beach in California. I love it. We had lots of fun while we were there.








Lauren was loving running from the waves. But at one point, a wave caught her before she could run away and it swept her feet out from under her. The rest of the day, she was telling us how she "almost drowned". Evan would say "see bird mommy!" and Lauren would answer back, "Yes, Evan. But I almost drowned today." We would say,"Hey guys are you hungry?" and Lauren would answer, "Yes, because I almost drowned today." Here is a video of Lauren telling us of her harrowing drowning experience.




And here are pictures of Chad saving her. I joke, but it was sad, and it really scared her.



Then Chad buried the kids in the sand. They loved it.

While we were at the beach, we saw some awesome animals. We were watching pelicans dive into the ocean when I saw a couple of fins pop out of the water. There were a couple of dolphins right near the beach! I have never seen that before. It was awesome. I got it on camera, but you have to watch closely to see it. It was pretty cool.

Ok, I have been trying for awhile now to upload the video of the dolphin's to no avail. I will try to do it again tomarow because it is pretty cool.

We also saw a cute little baby seal on the beach. I hope that it found it's mommy because the poor thing looked so lost.






I love the beach. It was so nice to be there and feel the ocean air. A visit to California wouldn't be complete without it.

3 comments:

Ashbridge said...

How fun for you guys!! i just love the beach as well.. it is so peaceful.. Loren makes me laugh.. she is so adorable. and now she can truly say her daddy is her hero since he "saved" her!!! luv it! have tons of fun.. u deserve it!

Michelle said...

That's so awesome that you guys get to go to California so often and have a good excuse to go there! I'm a little jealous! I love having family close but it would be wonderful to have the excuse to go to California lots and be able to go to the beach. It always looks like you guys have so much fun! You have such cute kids and such a cute little family! Hope everything is going well for you guys! We need to get together sometime soon! It's been way to long! Good thing for blogs so we can keep in touch huh :)!... Lauren's drowning story is cute. She's such a cute little girl! And Evan is a cute little guy too!

Rachael said...

Oh... Poor Lauren. That had to be scary.