Wednesday, May 26, 2010


I went to the park today with my sister Natalie and her two little girls, Kara and Katie. It was such a nice day today. I love it when the weather is like this. I could have stayed there all day. Evan let us know when it was time to leave though. He is good at that. It was nice to see her and her cute little ones since she lives in Michigan. She is really the only one of my siblings who have even tryed to bridge the gap that was made 5 years ago. I appreciate that so much. She might not understand or agree with me, but I am her sister, and that is what is most important.


Lauren and Katie

Evan is so stinkin' cute. I can't believe how big he is getting. He is turning into this little man. He is no longer my baby boy.

And Lauren, to me, just keeps getting more mature and grown up. She is such a good big sister and such a little crack-up! She is always surprising me by the things that come out of her mouth.




Maybe it is because Natalie lives in an other state, but it is still so crazy to me to see my little sister in the role of mother (which she does very well. She is a cute mommy). I just keep thinking of the days in the basement room, sitting on our beds and talking until 2. I guess that that is the real kicker about time. You can't go back, only in your memory. You can't erase mistakes or take back words. All you can do is move forward and learn from things or be doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. I feel grateful that my sister and I have chosen to move forward instead of looking back. I love you Nat.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Sounds like so much fun. I can't imagine my little sister as a mother either. luckily I don't have you yet.

Ryerse Sprinkles said...

Sisters are special. THe staying up and talking until 2 a.m. sounds familiar. I shared a room with my sis from birth until I moved out. We had our share of squabbles over the years, but I'm glad we've worked it out, and things are peachy now. I love the pics. Couldn't you just play all day at the park with your kids?