Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weeee're Baaack....

Ok, so I know that is has been a long time since I have put anything new up on my blog. And lots has happened since the last post. One major thing is-I got a job!! Yeah. I am now in the employ of McGraff's Fish House! I am busy trying to learn the menu so I don't look dumb when someone asks me a question. I havn't had my own tables yet, but I think by this weekend I will be getting my own. I can't wait to start making tips.

Some others things have happened, but I really don't want to go into all of that. I just want to show off my cute little spooks! Halloween was fun. And just like last year, we spent it with my Dad and Rita at their house. My dad has gone Trick or Treating with Lauren since her very first Halloween. It has turned into a tradition. We usually spend Christmas and Thanksgiving with Chad's family, but Halloween we get to spend with my dad.

We got there pretty late. It was already Evan's bed time by the time we made it up there. I didn't have a costume for Evan. This past month has just gone by so super fast for me. So I ran to Wal-Mart just before it was time to go and grabed the very last boy toddler costume they had. He had no choice, he had to be a blue ninja. Although, Lauren kept calling him her super hero. So we will go with that-Evan was a Super hero for Halloween.

Lauren was Snow White for Halloween. She changed her mind everyday up untill the morning of Halloween. She was going to be Cinderella, then a fairy, back to Cinderella with a sharp twist into being a katydid (yes,a katydid. You know the insect.) She considered Fancy Nancy but finally settled on Snow White.


We went from door to door in my dad's neighborhood. Evan didn't get out of his stroller the whole time. He was to busy trying to open up his candy and eat it. He had no intrest in actually aquiring the candy. But I think that is because Lauren was being a good big sister. Everytime she would go up and get a piece of candy from a house, she also grabed one for Buddy boy. It was so cute. She even would tell people that she needed a candy "without peanuts for my little brother." (Evan is allergic to peanuts. I thought it was very sweet that a four year old was making sure that her little brother got candy without peanuts in it.) We only went for about a half an hour, but it was long enough for toddlers.




I got these fun make-up things from Wal-mart. I put it on and freaked Chad out. It was fun. If I had more time, I would have found a white trash type of costume for me to go with the white trash make up.



It was a fun night. I love my cute kids, my family, and spending time with them.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

I love the make-up! You could have totally pulled off the Mimi look from The Drew Carry show.

I hope the new jobs going well! :)

Hilary said...

The makeup is so cool! I haven't seen anything like that before!
I'm so glad to see you blog again . . . I noticed earlier today that you were down towards the bottom of my list of blog links, and thought, "Hmm, wonder what she's up to? Hope everything's OK!"

John and Sherri said...

I'm glad you're back! Cute Halloween pics.

Collings Family said...

Glad you're back. Fill me in sometime!

The Buttars said...

you have such a cute little fam melissa! i particularly loved you're sweet chariot makeup!

Michelle said...

Good luck with your new job :)! Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween!

marshfam said...

Those are some seriously cute kids... and some crazy makeup! Halloween is so fun!