Monday, November 16, 2009

Thank You.

Chad and I have been strugling with money for awhile now. Our fridge hasn't been working since september. Thank goodness for my dad. He has this little drink fridge that he let us use, and we have been using that. I had to get a job because we just wern't making it. We have been months behind in all our bills. I am grateful that it really wasn't a long process to find a job, and the people at McGraff's have been very good to me so far. Already, we are feeling the benifit of having a little extra money in the house. Hopefully my job will only be a temporary situation. I am sure that we are not the only family that is really struggling right now with unemployment above 10% and everything going up, except everyones income. So we just keep doing what we need to do. The way we look at it, we have no room to complain. We love each other and support each other. We have two amazing little kids with big hearts and imaginations. They are happy and healthy. We can do this. Chad and I can do anything together. And everyone has their own trials. This one, I can handle because I have my family, and at the end of the day, isn't that what is the most important?

I bring all of this up, not for sympathy and not to vent. I am very positive about our future. I believe that this is just a little bump in the road, but not the whole road. I just want to share with everyone a little something. Chad and I are a little overwhelmed with graditude this night. Our home teachers came by yesterday after church to visit. Unfortunatly, I was at work and missed their visit. They asked Chad how we were doing, and asked Chad to be honest. So Chad was. He told him that we have no food in the house. I have a stronger testimony in tithing then ever. It is amazing that when it seems like all the chips are down, you are more able to focus on all the amazing blessings in your life. And little miracles find their way into your home.

I was not home tonight. While I was gone, our home teachers came by again. This time with bags of food for our home. They bought us food. Bought with money that came from their own pockets, not from the bishop, because-as they said-the process takes a little while and they wanted to make sure we had food right away. As I am writing this, tears of graditude are running down my cheeks. I love words, but I have none. At many times in our married life, we have been blessed by many people. I knew that these men that have help us through out the years have helped others, but for us, it almost seemed like they got called to certin postions just for us. Bishop Wadman from the University 2nd ward was one such man, and these two humble home teachers are two more. Not only for the food they brought by, but also the love they have shown our family. They never gave up on us, and for many reasons-the food just adding to the long list-we in the Triplett house love these good men. I only hope that one day Chad and I will be in a positon to follow in their example.

5 comments:

John said...

Thanks for sharing! You brought tears to my eyes, I love the programs of the church- home teachers have done a lot for us too! Keep your head up- you are awesome:)

Rachael said...

How wonderful of them. I agree Bishop Wadman was one of those wonderful men. He was the best bishop ever. Let me know if there is anything I can do? When you get a chance you should come over and we can make some cute things for your kids for Christmas. I'm home today and should also be Thursday.

Hilary said...

I think we all go through different times of our lives where there's too little, and other times where things are plentiful. And having wonderful examples like those home teachers help us to remember when we are in a better position, just how much it means to have someone be so thoughtful and generous. Kinda related, I had people bring us meals when my kids were sick -- I hadn't thought to ask anyone, 'cause I was well, so I just figured I'd take care of meals per usual. But, having that taken care of was such a HUGE relief and pressure off me, that it totally reshaped how I look at bringing in meals to people, and it's one of my favorite things to randomly bring in a meal to someone who I know is super busy or stressed out!
Good luck with everything, I know with your kinda faith and the Lord looking out for you, everything's gonna keep getting better and better!!

Dennis and Calena said...

That is wonderful!!! It is amazing who the Lord send knocking on your door when you are at your lowest of low points. How you feel now is how I felt when you all showed up for lunch with me that one day, it's what you need so badly when you need it.

Keri said...

What a great story! We need to get together - seriously!