Thursday, January 6, 2011

20 weeks down...20 to go...

I have reached the half way point this pregnancy. I will be honest with you, it has not been fun. You know when people ask "How are you feeling?" Are you ever honest with them, or do you tell them, "Oh I'm great! Just fine."? Because I do the "Oh I'm great! Just fine." thing. I don't think they really want to hear me vent about all my aches and pains. I know the real definition of 'grin and bear it' (or is it bare?).

I have massive heart burn. I literally feel like I am being burned alive from the inside out. And I have tried everything for the good old tums to apple cider vinegar. I had heart burn with Lauren and Evan as well, but this time it's like the apocalypses is happening inside my chest! I can't breath at all. This is something that I try and explain to many. Everyone always comments on how small I am while pregnant, and I am, I'm lucky that way. But the reason why is I carry my kiddos in my back. The up side is I have never worn any kind of maternity clothes, the down side is, from 4 month on, I breath like a 80 year old smoker. And forget about energy, it's just a lost dream. And my morning sickness has just followed my from my first trimester into the second. That is a new development from my last two pregnancies. And not a fun one. Evan says on a daily basis "Oh I have heartburn Mommy, I gonna throw up."

But even with all the pregnancy woes, I go to bed every night with a smile on my face. I complain, but I do it in a whimsical way. I love the feel of Rhys doing gymnastics in my belly. I love that I push on my belly, and I always get a little nudge back. It's like a little game we play together. I love Lauren and Evan's little figures on my belly, and the light in their eyes when they feel Rhys kick. It has been 3 years since I was pregnant last. And for every heart burn attack, and interrupted night sleep, there is a little kick and flip going on in my tummy. Kind of like a little reminder or encouragement that all good things come to all of us who endure the bad. There is opposition in all thing. So I might not always like the little bumps and headaches that comes along with pregnancy, I do love all the rewards, and that makes all the difference.

(umm..for my sake, lets just pretend that I have make up on and my hair done in this pictures. Let's just pretend that I look amazing and lets not point out that you can see how tired I am because it is written all over my face. Thanks guys.)

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Aw, you look so cute! I'm sorry it's been so rough -- my first pregnancy (despite a gall bladder attack and problems from that) was really pretty easy and comfortable. I was secretly thinking, "What are people talking about!? This isn't bad at all!" Then my next two have sucked. Each worse than the last. The pains and aches and the sciatic nerve shooting pain and all that -- now I get what people are talking about. And if we have another, I imagine it would be even worse. :-) But you forget it so quickly afterwards, and it's so worth it, that I'll probably be shocked the next time around how much more uncomfortable it is than I'd expected :-)

Michelle said...

You're so cute :). You make me laugh. You look great and yes you do stay soo small! I'm sorry about your heartburn and aches and pains. You have a good attitude, keep smiling :)!

Kalynne said...

I feel for Melissa! This pregnancy has been sooo much tougher than my first. I also have mega heart burn. See if you can get a Zantac perscription-mine has saved me. I take it every day and now its bearable. You do look great though and you're halfway done!!! WAHOO!!

Kayli said...

20 weeks down is awesome! But 20 weeks in pregnancy time is like 3 years, I know how it goes. Number 3 was the hardest for me, and I still cringe every time I think about it!
I love the pic of Lauren in your last post, kids are always surprising us :).

joyce said...

I'm so sorry about your problems with heartburn. I suffered like none other with THE worst acid reflux EVER!! It was like vomiting lava. Nexium was the only thing that helped me. I hope you won't have to suffer the whole pregnancy with it. You're super cute, by the way.

Kelly said...

You really do look great, even without being all done up! Morning sickness is the worst and it was with my third one as well. However, now Elsie is 7 months old and that time is such a blur and a faint memory. The End result is the best!!!

Collings Family said...

Lookin good girlfriend. You can complain to me - we can complain together.
I've actually lost my voice from the constant burning acid. Someone suggested Papaya Enzyme from the health food store which is a natural alternative to TUMS and it has made a HUGE difference. Hang in there!