Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week 16

I have some good news and I have some bad news. The good news is, we know what our little baby is going to be :) The bad news is, last night was the last doctor's appointment that I had with Dr. Naisbitt. He is retiring, at least from the maternity ward. He is moving on to a whole other career. I use to joke with Chad that we were done having kids when Dr. Naisbitt retires. I will have to tell you in a couple of years if that statement turns out to be true. He is a great doctor, and I will miss him. I will have to let you know if I settle on someone else in time for D-day.

Anyway..on to the baby. Here is a picture of me at 15 weeks:

Believe it or not, I am bigger this time then when I was pregnant with Lauren or Evan. I told Chad that I might have to invest in some Maternity clothes this time around.

And here is a couple of pictures Lauren took of me this morning and 16 weeks.


My doctor's apointment was last night. This was the big one, the one I had been waiting for. This was the one where I was going to find out if I should buy pink paint of blue. Chad wasn't feeling well last night, so he stayed with Evan while I took Lauren. It turned out kind of speacial, since Lauren has been way into this pregnacy. She asks everyday if she could see how big the baby is, and we sit down to google to look up what the baby should look like at 14 weeks, 15 weeks, ect. She sings to my belly and loves to feel my little bump in hopes of being able to feel the baby kick. So, I thought it would be fun to take her on the apointment where we found out if the baby had an x chromosome or a y. She has been wanting a sister, and every time I tell her that it might be a boy, she tells me no, it is most definatly a girl. But once the baby came up on the ultra sound monitor, there was no question. Even for me. It was definatly a boy.

Lauren said "Are you sure it's a johnson? It might be pooh." The doctor just laughed and said, "I think that was the first time I ever got asked that question." I think now, she is ok with having an other little brother. She is such a good sister to Evan, I am very sure that she will be an equally good sister to this little guy. We are going to name him Rhys. We can't wait to meet our little Rhys. I am happy either way, boy or girl. I am finding myself to be very excited at the idea of having an other little guy around. Little boys are so sweet and so much fun. I can't wait to meet him.

7 comments:

The Buttars said...

yay! congrats on another baby boy!! i'm so happy for you! i love your cute Christmas card pics too! we will get ours sent off to you soon!

Kayli said...

Congrats on a boy! Boys are awesome, although I could be a little bias :). I have to admit that I don't keep up on blog reading like I should so I just read what happened to sweet Radley, I hope she is doing better!

Unknown said...

So exciting! Can't wait to meet him.

John and Sherri said...

Congrats! That is so exciting:)

Marian said...

Yea for boys! And there is no more sharing of skinny pregnancy pics until you actually look pregnant! Me, this time - huge. I will be the pregnant lady who people say I must be due any day and it's still months away. You look great!

Kelly said...

Congrats, I bet the two boys will be such good friends!

Michelle said...

I've been so busy that I haven't checked blogs for awhile! Congratulations!!! Yay, I didn't even know you wer pregnant! How exciting! Love the name you picked out! Can't wait to meet your little Rhys! That's news to me that Naisbitt is retiring! I went to him when I was pregnant with Tate. I saw Michelle Nulls (not sure how you spell her name... she's at te Circle of Life too) for my 6 week checkup after Tate was born because Naisbitt was so behind and she was SOO nice! I've heard lots of good things about her to so if you haven't already chosen someone else to go to i'd recommend her. That's who I want to go to with my next baby!